Hannah 1010101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
hello, I am a 3rd year undergraduate student who has applied for a primary university led PGCE at uni of Leicester. Fortunately, after the interview I’ve received a conditional offer and I am pleased about that. However, the conditions are that I need to have a 2:1 or above in my degree (education studies) and at this moment in time after receiving some of the results from my modules, I fear that I will end up with a 2:2 or literally be borderline 2:1. I am really concerned as I would like to go to uni of leciester but not sure if they will still take me on. Just wanted to ask if anyone has had any similar experience with uni of Leicester. Thanks for reading
Get into Teaching
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Hannah 1010101)
hello, I am a 3rd year undergraduate student who has applied for a primary university led PGCE at uni of Leicester. Fortunately, after the interview I’ve received a conditional offer and I am pleased about that. However, the conditions are that I need to have a 2:1 or above in my degree (education studies) and at this moment in time after receiving some of the results from my modules, I fear that I will end up with a 2:2 or literally be borderline 2:1. I am really concerned as I would like to go to uni of leciester but not sure if they will still take me on. Just wanted to ask if anyone has had any similar experience with uni of Leicester. Thanks for reading
Hi Hannah

Congratulations on receiving your conditional offer. That's a wonderful achievement.

Do keep a focus on the last few months of your degree. Obviously this is really vital to you meeting your conditions and you've worked hard so far, so best to make the most of it. I would recommend that you contact the University admin dept at Leicester or the course leader to express your concerns and see how flexible this condition is. There is not point in worrying about it without all of the facts. If you feel that you will not meet the condition and the University of Leicester won't reconsider their condition, then please call Get into Teaching, and ask for a Teacher Training adviser. It's a free support service, that will support you in this potential tricky situation.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for a 2:1 for you!

Jane
Hannah 1010101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Get into Teaching)
Hi Hannah

Congratulations on receiving your conditional offer. That's a wonderful achievement.

Do keep a focus on the last few months of your degree. Obviously this is really vital to you meeting your conditions and you've worked hard so far, so best to make the most of it. I would recommend that you contact the University admin dept at Leicester or the course leader to express your concerns and see how flexible this condition is. There is not point in worrying about it without all of the facts. If you feel that you will not meet the condition and the University of Leicester won't reconsider their condition, then please call Get into Teaching, and ask for a Teacher Training adviser. It's a free support service, that will support you in this potential tricky situation.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for a 2:1 for you!

Jane
Thank you so much for replying! This has lifted my spirits already. I will definitely give them a call and find out what they say
Get into Teaching
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Hannah 1010101)
Thank you so much for replying! This has lifted my spirits already. I will definitely give them a call and find out what they say
Often it's the 'not' knowing' that will cause you stress and worry! Have the dialogue, and if they won't play ball, Get into Teaching can help you find somewhere else!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (497)
59.81%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.17%
No- I want it (235)
28.28%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.74%

Watched Threads