The Student Room Group

i used to be smart

i used to be the smartest in my primary school and my target grades are all 8s and 9s but im working at a 3 in some subjects and i don't have any exceptional grades. idk what to do since i've never revised and i don't know how to and there's so much content to go over i feel so overwhelmed... i want to do something about my grades but it seems impossible. help :frown:
do things in bite sized chunks..set yourself small milestones after which you can rest and have a little treat perhaps?
not sure what Year group you are in now but if you keep on top of homeworks and review questions as they arise you should be fine (the more questions the better!) and maybe if you summarise with keywords on a mindmap or revision cards as well?
Reply 2
Original post by WazzWazz98
do things in bite sized chunks..set yourself small milestones after which you can rest and have a little treat perhaps?
not sure what Year group you are in now but if you keep on top of homeworks and review questions as they arise you should be fine (the more questions the better!) and maybe if you summarise with keywords on a mindmap or revision cards as well?

i'm in year 10... idek where to start since i don't understand most of the content we have been taught
Original post by lorinsrem
i'm in year 10... idek where to start since i don't understand most of the content we have been taught

In that case...TALK TO YOUR TEACHERS! I am extremely shocked that they haven't discussed this with you previously if you are so far off your grades currently. But all is not lost. I think you just need to develop a routine and work out what's best for you.
But please do talk to teachers, parents/family and friends, get a feel for what you can and are able to reasonably do
You may need some after school classes or tuition to help you get to grips with things as well

Quick Reply

Latest