The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
jokjok11
Hey, theres been a change for me :biggrin:.... I phoned them up and asked to be changed from the encliffe vale flats to the newer en-suite.... I have been re-allocated to Derwent G1.... Whoo!....

Cheapaschips, have you actually been into the endcliffe vale flats? I went by asking some constructors if I could have a sneak peak and they let me.... I am so glad they let me go.... I did not like the place one single bit, wel probs because they were re-decorating everythin.... but I just didn't feel it at all... Its quite steep... £15 per month more to the en suite but IMO, it is worth it....

But hey! I'm abit picky and im sure other peeps will like the vale flats....

Dan

hey Dan i had mates in G1 last year, what room you in?
you and swiss fairy are in the same block, well you share an entrance door haha
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 21
I've been allocated Room 2 G1 @ Derwent... You remember which floor that will be at? How is Derwent? Is it a good block to live in etc?... lol

Dan
Reply 22
jokjok11
I've been allocated Room 2 G1 @ Derwent... You remember which floor that will be at? How is Derwent? Is it a good block to live in etc?... lol

Dan

haha yeh its ground floor, that room stunk of feet to the high heavens seriously lol!
Reply 23
i got allocated E3 Derwent Room 7!
Reply 24
lol mtbab, was it the person who lived there that made it stink of feet... or is it the actual room? :s-smilie: lol u startin to scare me a lil bit LOL

Dan
Reply 25
jokjok11
lol mtbab, was it the person who lived there that made it stink of feet... or is it the actual room? :s-smilie: lol u startin to scare me a lil bit LOL

Dan

haha no no it was the guy who was in there, i myslef have slept in that room haha (after my mate had got rid of the feet smell and washed his socks)
georgia
I've got a room in Howden, does anyone else?

I got a room in howden today! flat A1!
Reply 27
Thomas McDowall

arr thats a good flat tom, good party location anyway (never gonna be as good as Burbage B2 but hey you can't perfection (well the 8people who will be in there will haha))
Reply 28
Thomas McDowall

Awesome! I'm in E5, so probably right at the top of the building (or near to the top anyway). It'll make moving in v interesting for my poor father if we have to lug everything up the stairs! I remember hearing from somewhere that there were lifts but have no idea if that's true or not.
Reply 29
i remember looking around and there were lifts
georgia
Awesome! I'm in E5, so probably right at the top of the building (or near to the top anyway). It'll make moving in v interesting for my poor father if we have to lug everything up the stairs! I remember hearing from somewhere that there were lifts but have no idea if that's true or not.

Yeah there are lifts, well since im on the bottom floor and moving in will be fairly pain free, maybe ill be able to lend you a hand :biggrin:
mtbab
arr thats a good flat tom, good party location anyway (never gonna be as good as Burbage B2 but hey you can't perfection (well the 8people who will be in there will haha))

DO you know the size of A1 by chance? is it a 5, 7 or 8?
Reply 32
Katiee
i remember looking around and there were lifts

Oh phew! So I only have to use the stairs if I want to get a bit of exercise in for the day :biggrin:

Thomas McDowall
Yeah there are lifts, well since im on the bottom floor and moving in will be fairly pain free, maybe ill be able to lend you a hand :biggrin:

I'll warn you now that I'll likely have filled the car to bursting with stuff, but sure that would be awesome! :biggrin:

Thomas McDowall

If you ring the Accommodation people, they'll be able to tell you how many people are in your flat. I was told there were 7 in mine.

Only 7 weeks to go, I'm getting stupidly excited now!
Reply 33
Thomas McDowall

i'm 90% sure its a 5 or 6. I think theres a deluxe room in there so it's more likely to be a 5.
Reply 34
hey.........BURBAGE C4 deluxe ensuite!! i am soooooooooooooo excited!!!
Does anyone know the price difference between a normal en suite and a deluxe ensuite?

I asked for a deluxe and didnt get it but i'm considering asking if theres any chance of changing.
Reply 36
swiss_fairy
Does anyone know the price difference between a normal en suite and a deluxe ensuite?

I asked for a deluxe and didnt get it but i'm considering asking if theres any chance of changing.

SelfC Deluxe are £4,410.00 vs £4,071.90 for normal so like £8/week extra. but there are less than 100 deluxe vs over 2500 normal so their gonna want to be holding most back until after Alevel results when the majority of the accom will be allocated and they can see where they stand then.

There is always the chance of moving to the Opals cause theres almost 300 deluxe rooms over there.
cpat

i got allocated E3 Derwent Room 7!

haha, guess who's in room 6!!!!!

you're going to have to get into this band before moving in. otherwise there will be problems. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=112300529
Was Derwent the first block to allocate places?
I dont know, but a lot of people seem to have Derwent places so i think perhaps they did. Although a couple of people have got Burbage so who knows!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending