Can Someone Tell Me What A Tryhard Is? Watch

quasa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
These days, I see gamers described as Grinders, Tryhards and Griefers. Whilst its safe to say im not a griefer (in fact, I enjoy beating them on GTA), I have no idea what a tryhard is. Also what do you call these people who waste tonnes of money irl so they can have whatever fancy in game item they want but are absolutely useless at playing the game.
Darkiorra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
tryhard means players that focus on playing really good, practice and play a lot to become the best... grinder means the same thing as tryhard. As for people who spend irl money to buy stuff ingame to become better are called Pay to Win Players.
quasa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Darkiorra)
tryhard means players that focus on playing really good, practice and play a lot to become the best... grinder means the same thing as tryhard. As for people who spend irl money to buy stuff ingame to become better are called Pay to Win Players.
ah ok. I thought tryhard and grinders were different. in which case, why do people who are referred to a tryhards get more stick than those who are referred to as grinders (im guessing tryhards are to focus on being the best / tend to be more arrogant about their skill)
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by quasa)
ah ok. I thought tryhard and grinders were different. in which case, why do people who are referred to a tryhards get more stick than those who are referred to as grinders (im guessing tryhards are to focus on being the best / tend to be more arrogant about their skill)
Tryhards get more stick because people don't like losing even if the opponent is just better.

In FPS games it is usually the person doing twice as well as the next person on the scoreboard.

The response to accusations of being a tryhard is git gud.
quasa
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)
Tryhards get more stick because people don't like losing even if the opponent is just better.

In FPS games it is usually the person doing twice as well as the next person on the scoreboard.

The response to accusations of being a tryhard is git gud.
cool, in which case I am a grinder cheapskate completionist (I get games and try and finish as much as I can before 14 days so I can return it to get a full refund). Some games I like I will keep but wont play obsessively (savour the flavour). but am not hardcore.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by quasa)
cool, in which case I am a grinder cheapskate completionist (I get games and try and finish as much as I can before 14 days so I can return it to get a full refund). Some games I like I will keep but wont play obsessively (savour the flavour). but am not hardcore.
That is genuinely impressive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (195)
67.71%
No (93)
32.29%

Watched Threads