Is this A-level retake price normal? Watch

Derek2.178
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I want to resit 2 of my A-levels. I have contacted my former sixth form college about it. They responded saying that it's fine but I will have to pay £130 for each of the A-levels. I knew that I would have to pay but I was surprised by the price. I am from a low-income household and this is a lot of money for me.
Is this the normal cost and should I just accept it?
manOfCulture01
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yeah dude that sounds about right, it's not the school that sets the prices it's the exam board. Unfortunately i don't think being from a low income household affects this price
(Original post by Derek2.178)
I want to resit 2 of my A-levels. I have contacted my former sixth form college about it. They responded saying that it's fine but I will have to pay £130 for each of the A-levels. I knew that I would have to pay but I was surprised by the price. I am from a low-income household and this is a lot of money for me.
Is this the normal cost and should I just accept it?
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It sounds about right. For resists you usually have to pay for the price of the exams as the college doesn’t usually get funding for resits.
Itsmepoppy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think it was £270 for me to resit 2 a levels this year so that sounds about right, you could discuss whether they can lower the costs for you (as they take a percentage for hall and invigilator costs etc) but sounds like a reasonable price
Derek2.178
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by manOfCulture01)
yeah dude that sounds about right, it's not the school that sets the prices it's the exam board. Unfortunately i don't think being from a low income household affects this price
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?