The Student Room Group

The Implications of the Criminal Justice System on battered women

My dissertation is on battered women that kill, the criminal justice system response to these cases and the public perceptions regarding the case of Sally Challen (I am using her case as a case study for my dissertation as well as for my interview). I'm struggling on the right structure for this, also, my literature review and my supervisor wants me to critique feminist theories of which I chose one that has a direct connection with my topic of which I chose Radical feminist theory. pls I need help! thanks!
Original post by Adwoa Gyebuaa
My dissertation is on battered women that kill, the criminal justice system response to these cases and the public perceptions regarding the case of Sally Challen (I am using her case as a case study for my dissertation as well as for my interview). I'm struggling on the right structure for this, also, my literature review and my supervisor wants me to critique feminist theories of which I chose one that has a direct connection with my topic of which I chose Radical feminist theory. pls I need help! thanks!

Is this for a BA/Sc or MA thesis?
Original post by Designeddeath
Is this for a BA/Sc or MA thesis?

its BA dissertation (10000 words)
Reply 3
is this for your proposal? when does it have to be in by?

if you can't find it online, go to your law library and there should be some legal writing textbook on how to structure a dissertation. it's not unlike using the IRAC method, where you state the issue, current position, criticism, criticism of criticisms, conclusion. i think you're struggling because you don't know what question you are trying to answer yet; or maybe you're not telling us, which is fair. but either way it'll be hard to give you anything over general dissertation advice.

if i were you, i would search your library for 'coercive control' or 'battered women's syndrome' or something in those veins and not just 'feminist theory', because almost guaranteed those titles will have feminist theory in them. they won't label it 'feminism' but you will be able to tell what it is just by reading it (assuming you've read feminist theory in the past).

also ask your law library if it has samples of dissertations from past law students, as did mine. so you know what a dissertation is supposed to look like to achieve a first or whatever.

also moved your thread to law study help.
Original post by Joleee
is this for your proposal? when does it have to be in by?

if you can't find it online, go to your law library and there should be some legal writing textbook on how to structure a dissertation. it's not unlike using the IRAC method, where you state the issue, current position, criticism, criticism of criticisms, conclusion. i think you're struggling because you don't know what question you are trying to answer yet; or maybe you're not telling us, which is fair. but either way it'll be hard to give you anything over general dissertation advice.

if i were you, i would search your library for 'coercive control' or 'battered women's syndrome' or something in those veins and not just 'feminist theory', because almost guaranteed those titles will have feminist theory in them. they won't label it 'feminism' but you will be able to tell what it is just by reading it (assuming you've read feminist theory in the past).

also ask your law library if it has samples of dissertations from past law students, as did mine. so you know what a dissertation is supposed to look like to achieve a first or whatever.

also moved your thread to law study help.

The proposal has been submitted already and the dissertation is due April 30. Thanks for your advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending