GCSE OPTIONS- double languages? urgent

Watch
iwantsleep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I’ve kind of left it way too late but I have to pick my GCSE options by tomorrow? I know for my 3 extra choices I definitely want to take French, Geography and Computer Science but I still have one spare space. Do I choose Food and Nutrition or German? I don’t really enjoy the theory side of food tech but then again I don’t know?? And I’m not sure if it’s worth doing double languages or not.
Can someone please help me or give me advice? I’m getting kind of desperate now aagghh
Thank you
Deborahjade
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My friend is taking double languages and she finds it hard. I've heard that German is especially difficult. Then again I don't know much about food tech.
BluefaceBaby
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by iwantsleep)
Hi, I’ve kind of left it way too late but I have to pick my GCSE options by tomorrow? I know for my 3 extra choices I definitely want to take French, Geography and Computer Science but I still have one spare space. Do I choose Food and Nutrition or German? I don’t really enjoy the theory side of food tech but then again I don’t know?? And I’m not sure if it’s worth doing double languages or not.
Can someone please help me or give me advice? I’m getting kind of desperate now aagghh
Thank you
Don't do double languages. And only do geog if you LOVE IT. Food tech is rubbish.
kyled54018
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
German would probably be more respected in the future than food and nutrition but, taking double languages can be very confusing, especially if there are similar words in both. Unlike German, food and nutrition would most likely be more fun and sometimes it's nice to look at your timetable and see a subject that isn't too demanding. Overall, if you are dedicated then you can go for the languages option but I wouldn't personally recommend it. After all, one language is good enough. 😃
Last edited by kyled54018; 1 year ago
AGrizzlyBearo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is there a particular reason you would want to do german along with french, is is it just that you would prefer it over food and nutrition.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you are good at languages and enjoy them, pick German and French.
iwantsleep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi! Thanks so much for all the replies! I’m going to take German because I feel like I’d enjoy it more than all the theory that’s required in Food and Nutrition. There were more subjects that I could take for my 4th option but the ones that I enjoyed the most were German and Food so I guess that’s why it’s between those two. I think I’m good and both and I’m definitely going to put a lot of effort in! Thank you all so much
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I really regret not doing a double language... there is no disadvamtage really, especially if you enjoy them. (Going to do French and German at uni and have spent a lot of hours regretting my GCSE choices!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (247)
51.14%
No (236)
48.86%

Watched Threads