Alisha2355
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I was looking at a college and I really want to do law. I saw on one of the colleges I want to attend to that 101 people did law and only 39.6% got an a* to a b. Is it a hard a level?
naomi84t
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Alisha2355)
So I was looking at a college and I really want to do law. I saw on one of the colleges I want to attend to that 101 people did law and only 39.6% got an a* to a b. Is it a hard a level?
I’m a second year alevel law student and I will warn you it is very challenging. There is lots of detailed information you have to memorise extremely accurately. I am not trying to put you off, if you feel like that’s something that appeals to you then go ahead also note that in order to go into law in the future you really don’t need law at alevel. Good luck with whatever you choose
anonymoustony
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Alisha2355)
I do law, English lit and history and I’m in year 13. Law is my easiest subject, the concepts are not ridiculously hard to understand it’s more about the amount of content that there is but you will find that in any subject. I was skeptical about picking it at first but I’m glad I did because it is definitely the easiest one and quite interesting. I’m on ocr and Half of the marks in questions are literally just memorising information without application. For example we get a 25 marker and 10 marks are literally just on you recalling all the elements and cases of that part of law which is just memory. Again section 1 of all our papers is just memorisation. Then 15 marks to apply the scenario you get in the exam which is not too difficult if you understand the concepts. I was working at a C in year 12 mock and that was because I tried to revise everything in an all nighter but now I’m at an A because I actually started spacing my revision out. It may depend on how your school is teaching it as 39% is a bit low but then again grades are a big representation of how hard people have studied for them. We just did a law mock and people came out with fails simply because they had not revised. There is no doubt that in the college you are looking at, people will have tried to cram the info last min and it just doesn’t work. Personally I think law is not simple, but not complete rocket science either. Also depends on the teacher and your work ethic.
Alisha2355
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you bot I will take this into consideration)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (198)
67.81%
No (94)
32.19%

Watched Threads