A Level Psychology AQA: Rutter's Romanian Orphans and Generalisability

Watch
prssrules9
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I'm doing an essay and I want to make a point about the generalisability of the effects of institutionalisation. Does anyone know whether Rutter's Romanian Orphans study has an idiographic or a nomothetic approach?
SS869
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I would say Idiographic since it was longitudinal and collected very in-depth data about the subjects through interviews, observations etc. To me this sounds like quite a qualitative approach. It is hard because we don't exactly have all the details of his analyses etc. Some sources say he also collected things like ratings etc which would also suggest a nomothetic element.
prssrules9
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by SS869)
I would say Idiographic since it was longitudinal and collected very in-depth data about the subjects through interviews, observations etc. To me this sounds like quite a qualitative approach. It is hard because we don't exactly have all the details of his analyses etc. Some sources say he also collected things like ratings etc which would also suggest a nomothetic element.
That's what I was thinking too, thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.85%
I'm not sure (32)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (215)
31.34%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (328)
47.81%

Watched Threads