Is my English IGCSE descriptive writing good enough? Watch

Pratyaksha Verma
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'll give my english igcse paper in about a week or two, and though everyone considers me as a potential A*, I doubt myself. Here I'd like y'all to view one of my best works and tell me what skills I can improve on. English is my third language and my Indian background may mess things, so sorry in advance,Q)Describe an autumn moor.Answer-www.wattpad.com/story/192919924-rediscovering-nature?utm_source=widget
Ash_Doug_18
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Pratyaksha Verma)
I'll give my english igcse paper in about a week or two, and though everyone considers me as a potential A*, I doubt myself. Here I'd like y'all to view one of my best works and tell me what skills I can improve on. English is my third language and my Indian background may mess things, so sorry in advance,Q)Describe an autumn moor.Answer-www.wattpad.com/story/192919924-rediscovering-nature?utm_source=widget
Hello, I read some of your work and I thought it was really good! Although English is your third language, you have mastered how to captivate a reader through your words. My only bit of advice is to find a way to start a sentence other than using 'the'. Throughout your pieces most of your sentences begin with 'the' which can be repetitive and seen as amateur writing. I hope this helps! xx
Pratyaksha Verma
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Ash_Doug_18)
Hello, I read some of your work and I thought it was really good! Although English is your third language, you have mastered how to captivate a reader through your words. My only bit of advice is to find a way to start a sentence other than using 'the'. Throughout your pieces most of your sentences begin with 'the' which can be repetitive and seen as amateur writing. I hope this helps! xx
Sorry, I couldn't reply soon enough. IGCSE just started and I'm freaking out. Thank you so much for your constructive analysis. It's true: a lot of my sentences start with an article or "I" but I've rectified that in my newer works. BTW, is this writing A*worth?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (267)
60.96%
Yes- I don't like it (21)
4.79%
No- I want it (117)
26.71%
No- I don't want it (33)