Kelseykelsey
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
help. PLEASE help me. idk what i'm doing and all the help sheets I have seem to be more applicable to articles etc but im doing fiction fantasy LOLOLOL PLS HELP
Cyeol61
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This would be extremely helpful for me too! I've started on my commentary but it just sounds rubbish (to put it politely). I have written a children's story and an adult fiction story.
All I would say is keep referring back to your style models (examples of books you have analysed for fiction fantasy) and use phrases like 'I adopted this into my own writing because...', or 'this is evidenced when....' Talk about semantics, lexical choices/fields, graphology (if you have used any). I've pasted what our teacher gave us below (although as I'm struggling too, I fail to see if it is much help). And you may have this already, but here it is just in case.

1. Discuss/reflect on :

Choice of genre
Findings of your chosen genre
Features of chosen genre
Research skills

2. Make connections between the techniques used in the style models and those adopted in your own writing:
Distinct features of genre
The style models that exemplify key features of your chosen genre
The effect of language choice and discourse strategies for different contexts

3. Reflect on your writing process:

4. Audience and function
Critical evaluation of drafting and redrafting process to achieve the function needed for the target audience
Discuss your writing as a work in progress:
How you have developed skills of drafting and redrafting
How have you developed skills of editing and proofreading

5.Evaluate the language choices you have made:

Through the drafting process to achieve effects appropriate to the chosen function and the target audience
By using a range of linguistic terminology accurately and appropriately

Ensure that any texts and other sources you have used are accurately referenced:
Referencing and bibliography skills
Include a bibliography
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kelseykelsey)
help. PLEASE help me. idk what i'm doing and all the help sheets I have seem to be more applicable to articles etc but im doing fiction fantasy LOLOLOL PLS HELP
What exam board is this?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
38.14%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
9.79%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.19%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.74%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.89%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.25%

Watched Threads