krasas
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello guys. I completed my medical studies in Lithuania, June 2019. Since then I obtained a full GMC registration with a license to practice in the UK. I am currently applying to f1 positions through jobs.nhs.uk by myself and I have an agent working with me. Because the process of application seems very long I am thinking of trying to do some locum work, to get some experience and referees within the NHS. I am also registered on ORIEL, however, I was never able to apply to any F1 positions through their system. Has anybody gone down this road? Does anybody have any suggestions? Do I need to use ORIEL or can I just go through NHS jobs and my agent? What is the route an international student should take to get into the foundation program?
HHaricot
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You cant apply for the two year foundation programme, as it is only open to those starting with a provisional licence, and you have a full one.
You could do F1 level locum posts [often advertised as LAS on nhs jobs] and then apply for a standalone f2 post, if you wanted that. These have just closed on oriel, so you would have to wait until in next year. Otherwise look at trust doctor posts at f1/f2 level on nhs jobs, and at some point ask the supervisors to fill out the CREST form [on ORIEL] which certifies you have similar competencies to someone completing F2
krasas
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by HHaricot)
You cant apply for the two year foundation programme, as it is only open to those starting with a provisional licence, and you have a full one.
You could do F1 level locum posts [often advertised as LAS on nhs jobs] and then apply for a standalone f2 post, if you wanted that. These have just closed on oriel, so you would have to wait until in next year. Otherwise look at trust doctor posts at f1/f2 level on nhs jobs, and at some point ask the supervisors to fill out the CREST form [on ORIEL] which certifies you have similar competencies to someone completing F2
First of all, thank you for your answer, it makes things a lot clearer for me! Let us say I go on to do locums for the next year, and end up gaining a decent amount of experience and referees within the NHS. If I then ask my supervisors to fill out the CREST form (and they agree) would I then be in a similar situation to someone who would have completed F1 and F2? Would this allow me to proceed in the direction of my chosen specialty? When are the dates when one should make his stand-alone F2 applications on Oriel, is it during the wintertime and does it close in early february? I should have made this post ages ago, well I guess its time for some locum work! Thank you for taking the time to answer
HHaricot
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by krasas)
First of all, thank you for your answer, it makes things a lot clearer for me! Let us say I go on to do locums for the next year, and end up gaining a decent amount of experience and referees within the NHS. If I then ask my supervisors to fill out the CREST form (and they agree) would I then be in a similar situation to someone who would have completed F1 and F2? Would this allow me to proceed in the direction of my chosen specialty? When are the dates when one should make his stand-alone F2 applications on Oriel, is it during the wintertime and does it close in early february? I should have made this post ages ago, well I guess its time for some locum work! Thank you for taking the time to answer
The CREST form signs you as equivalent to someone who has undertaken F1 and F2. So yes, will allow you to proceed to core/run through training in your chosen speciality.
The timeline for recruitment is always on the UKFPO website, and they tend to put it on twitter too. But usually early jan to early feb for application to f2 standalone, interviews April [ish] and then start august.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.25%
England (108)
33.75%
Belgium (27)
8.44%
Germany (38)
11.88%
Spain (6)
1.88%
Italy (29)
9.06%
Netherlands (10)
3.13%
Other (Tell us who) (18)
5.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise