The Student Room Group

please help with my civil service interview

I have a civil service interview and I’m hearing online that they’re so tough and can be quite intimidation, how can I prepare? I really really want this job, I’ve literally been waiting for this specific role.
Can I take notes in with me?
Reply 2
What job are you applying for?

When is your interview?

I suggest reading the job discription thoroughly, highlight key competencies and skills they are looking for and prepare strong examples for them (working at pace, influencing others etc)

Treat the interviewers as potential colleagues not a scary panel judging you, if you really are enthusiastic for the role then it will show

Good luck and check up here on public sector sub forum, there are lots of tips about :smile:
Original post by alf.
What job are you applying for?

When is your interview?

I suggest reading the job discription thoroughly, highlight key competencies and skills they are looking for and prepare strong examples for them (working at pace, influencing others etc)

Treat the interviewers as potential colleagues not a scary panel judging you, if you really are enthusiastic for the role then it will show

Good luck and check up here on public sector sub forum, there are lots of tips about :smile:

It in the Press Office in Downing Street. It’s tomorrow. I have all my competencies and I think they’re quite strong, I’m just worried I’ll go too fast and mess up as it means a lot!
I get you really want the role, but you don't need to start a new thread every day.
bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending