Medicblogger
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey there! I’m a first year MB BS student doing my first year of med in india. I wanted to know if it would be possible for me to transfer into the 2nd year in any of the med schools in the UK. IF YES, which all unis do accept international students? If anyone knows more about this please do help!
Last edited by Medicblogger; 1 year ago
username4952880
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Medicblogger)
Hey there! I’m a first year MB BS student doing my first year of med in india. I wanted to know if it would be possible for me to transfer into any of the med schools in the UK. IF YES, which all unis do accept international students? If anyone knows more about this please do help!
in my opinion, email the universities and ask them if they can accept you.Not all of them the ones that you like the most.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Medicblogger)
Hey there! I’m a first year MB BS student doing my first year of med in india. I wanted to know if it would be possible for me to transfer into the 2nd year in any of the med schools in the UK. IF YES, which all unis do accept international students? If anyone knows more about this please do help!
You definitely, 100% cannot transfer internationally into a med school in the UK. You can't even transfer without very exceptional circumstances in the UK in between med schools.

(Original post by emily_000)
in my opinion, email the universities and ask them if they can accept you.Not all of them the ones that you like the most.
Doesn't work like that. Med schools (in this country, except Oxbridge to London ones) just don't do transfers. End of.

UK medical admissions is very competitive with admissions tests, high grade requirements and tough interviews. All curriculum are currently not interchangeable amongst med schools.

If OP wanted to study med in the UK he or she'll have to drop out and reapply as an international med student (which is even more competitive!).
Last edited by ecolier; 1 year ago
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It doesn't work that way in the UK. You can't transfer from abroad unless your medical school already has a formal arrangement in place with a UK university (e.g. IMU).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
9.26%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.26%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
44.44%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (13)
24.07%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
1.85%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.56%

Watched Threads