GES Assistant Economist Mainstream Scheme 2020

Watch this thread
jasonnolan1234
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Has anyone else applied to this years GES Assistant Economist Mainstream Scheme? It should be open for applications today (6th Feb). All thoughts welcome!
domaths
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Wow! Just the thread I was looking for. I’ve noticed that the guidance webpage hasn’t linked to the application yet but you can find the posting on civil service jobs here: https://www.civilservicejobs.service...NlOTg3NjM4Zg==
coffee125
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Great thread! also one I was excited for !! Good luck 2 everybody applying woo 🅱️conomics 🤪🤪🥴🥴😎😎😬😬😬
jasonnolan1234
Rep:
(Original post by domaths)
Wow! Just the thread I was looking for. I’ve noticed that the guidance webpage hasn’t linked to the application yet but you can find the posting on civil service jobs here: https://www.civilservicejobs.service...NlOTg3NjM4Zg==
Wow! What a helpful reply! THANKS!
R_Economics
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Does anyone know what the cut-offs have been in previous years for numerical and verbal testing? Unsure if I can use my banked scores for this but might do if they're a lot above the cut-off.
swallowyun
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Have anybody submitted the application and started the online test? I did verbal yesterday and am now invited to the numerical test. But I can't find the link for the test. Has anybody have the same issue?
username2434045
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by R_Economics)
Does anyone know what the cut-offs have been in previous years for numerical and verbal testing? Unsure if I can use my banked scores for this but might do if they're a lot above the cut-off.
Same here, would like to know what are the cut offs so I can use my previous scores
R_Economics
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HASHIMHUSSAIN)
Same here, would like to know what are the cut offs so I can use my previous scores
I submitted the first part of the application and didn't get the option to use my previous scores :/
username2434045
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I submitted the first part of the application and didn't get the option to use my previous scores :/
That sucks
R_Economics
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by swallowyun)
Have anybody submitted the application and started the online test? I did verbal yesterday and am now invited to the numerical test. But I can't find the link for the test. Has anybody have the same issue?
Just done my verbal test, honestly not sure what to expect don't think it was my best set of testing
swallowyun
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Just done my verbal test, honestly not sure what to expect don't think it was my best set of testing
How did it go? You should get the score for the verbal test under the feedback section.
Bella10401
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I just completed the verbal test and it said that it was put on hold although the feedback said that I passed the minimum requirements and scored above 35% in comparison to other? Has anyone else had this?Thanks
R_Economics
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bella10401)
Hi, I just completed the verbal test and it said that it was put on hold although the feedback said that I passed the minimum requirements and scored above 35% in comparison to other? Has anyone else had this?Thanks
I got 69% and also on hold
swallowyun
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I got 69% and also on hold
The status might change tomorrow.
R_Economics
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by swallowyun)
The status might change tomorrow.
Just logged in and my portal has updated! An invite to the numerical test but no link to the test. There is, however, a link to practice tests
swallowyun
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Just logged in and my portal has updated! An invite to the numerical test but no link to the test. There is, however, a link to practice tests
same here. no link to the test.
swallowyun
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
The link for the numerical test is there now.
jasonnolan1234
Rep:
Were the tests timed or untimed?
swallowyun
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jasonnolan1234)
Were the tests timed or untimed?
untimed
PPF
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hello,

Does anyone know what happens after we’ve done the two tests? It said I performed better than 96% and 99% of test takers but my application has been on hold ever since. Do we have to wait till the 19th for further information?

Also, it says that applications will be sifted on the full description of modules. I don’t remember writing down each module I took during my graduate and postgraduate degrees?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
31.11%
Take a gap year (10)
22.22%
Resit my exams (8)
17.78%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
13.33%
I don't know yet (4)
8.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.67%

Watched Threads