Law101help
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I am currently on route to completing my LLB and have a confirmed space at Uni of law for my LPC and LLM...I was considering taking the bar test just to help increase my chance of employment after LPC and help me gain a TC ...would this be a wise choice to make
username4952880
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Law101help)
Hi I am currently on route to completing my LLB and have a confirmed space at Uni of law for my LPC and LLM...I was considering taking the bar test just to help increase my chance of employment after LPC and help me gain a TC ...would this be a wise choice to make
what bar exam? there isn't a bar exam in the UK.

Do you mean the exams that you will have to sit during your LPC and LLM?
Last edited by username4952880; 1 year ago
Crazy Jamie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There isn't a UK Bar Exam in the same way that there is a New York Bar exam. If you want to have a Bar related qualification you need to do the Bar Course, probably after doing the LPC/LLM, which will cost £15,000+ and take a year of your life. It will also not in any measurable way help you to get a training contract.

So no, it would not be a wise choice to make.
The University of Law Students
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

If your aim is to gain a training contract your main focus should be networking, gaining work experience (e.g. pro bono) and researching different law firms according to what area of law you are interested in so you can tailor your TC applications to them.

Whether your are considering taking the BPC/BPTC or the New York bar exam, just know that they take you down a different path. If your mind isn't made up on whether you want to be a solicitor or barrister, there are extra courses you can obtain after qualifying as a solicitor.

I know ULaw and other organisations put on some events to help you with this e.g. Legal Cheek...

My advice would be to stand out. In my own application, I mentioned that I had a mentor in the law industry, won awards for pro bono and competitions whilst studying.

Just remember not to compromise your 2.1 or above overall LLB grade.

Hope this helps

Jade
Hooi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am a BPTC graduate recently. Passed in one attempt. I have got notes for each Chapter for the BPTC modules. As long as you read the notes, reading additional material, practicing lots of questions. I feel it’s possible to finish the BPTC in one attempt. There are people who struggled but do not let them fear you. Just try your best ! Do not hesitate to contact me!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (12)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.87%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.62%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
40.45%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.84%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.25%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed