• PE GCSE
• Spanish GCSE
• Textiles GCSE
hallaluliah
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
for me, it would be geography and business studies (defo- everyone gets above 60%)
however if ur fluent in a language then go for it
history had long answer qs up to less than 20 marks bruh, geog's highest is 9 markers lol
bobtheking72
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by hallaluliah)
for me, it would be geography and business studies (defo- everyone gets above 60%)
however if ur fluent in a language then go for it
history had long answer qs up to less than 20 marks bruh, geog's highest is 9 markers lol
thanks
hallaluliah
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by bobtheking72)
thanks
it depends on ur teacher too, if u know the exam boards for those subjects, search them up and see the topics- if its interesting/ doable
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Pick subjects that you like, not ones that are “easy” - (everyone finds different things easier than others anyway so there’s by point asking us)
if you aren’t interested in them then the next two years will be insufferably long

Also maybe think about what you may be interested in taking for a-levels/college
username4950464
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
i do spanish, geography out of the ones you mentioned above, so can only offer my opinion & the opinions of others that do other subjects. i like both of my subjects, although i find spanish dull sometimes, although that could be to do with one of my teachers, not the subject itself.

in terms of humanity studies (geography & history) history is more essay based in the idea it has longer questions, worth more marks, & some may say more content, but i wouldn’t know. the highest mark question in geography is 9 marks. i believe each has the same number of exams at the end though.

i think you said art. my best friend took art, having a good ability in the subject itself before taking it as a gcse. although, she may consider it a bad idea now. she doesn’t like writing, so chose two subjects that weren’t essay based. but apparently the workload is a lot to build up the portfolio itself & of course, that could seem more if you spend lots of time trying to grasp those top grades.

i’ve heard that business studies is quite easy. although don’t take my word for it, okay?

music & food, i’d only recommend taking if you have a real interest in them. so for music, do you play instruments? if not, i wouldn’t consider it. although i think it’s more than just being able to play an instrument. there’s more to it. i just don’t know what. food isn’t all about cooking too. a lot of it is about nutrition & probably other stuff. i’m no expert.

what i would recommend is reading deeper into all of the subjects & finding out exactly what they include & whether that interests you or not. then slim it down from there. also, do you currently do any of these subjects? do you like them now? if not, there’s no point in choosing them for gcse.

hope this helps 😊
Adwoa 1011
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
For the first section I would say history (if you’re doing edexcel) or geography but that it up to you.
For the second food and nutrition and business studies (says my sister)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.31%
I'm not sure (33)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (238)
30.75%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.45%
I'm not a current university student (381)
49.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise