What worth is there in voting Watch

JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
To me voting is putting your faith in someone else's proposals and attempting to make them enforceable on everybody else. Yes we live in a democracy where the majority rules, but that still has ample strength to create divisions and separate us further. To vote is to select a master.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No, a vote is to have a say who your master is!
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
But you aren't saying anything, you pull a lever or something-I don't know because I don't vote.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you vote, I think you give yourself the right to criticise whoever is elected.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You are picking the people who make the decisions.
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
You are picking the people who make the decisions.
Potentially the wrong decisions too.
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
(Original post by barnetlad)
If you vote, I think you give yourself the right to criticise whoever is elected.
There is no right, if you vote for someone who doesn't do a good job you are partially responsible for the mess they created that a non-voter like me had nothing to do with. Maybe I don't get to say and my opinion on politics is irrelevant if I don't vote, but for those who do vote and their master decides to change or alter policies that were the reason you voted them in in the first place-well aren't you in a pickling dilemma then?
AnonymousNoMore
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you don't vote, or run for power yourself, you can't complain about the outcome.
Nalk1573
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Grow your own food

Build your own home

Sew your own clothing

Generate your own energy

Stop relying on everyone else to do things whilst you play video games 8 hours a day
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nalk1573)
Grow your own food

Build your own home

Sew your own clothing

Generate your own energy

Stop relying on everyone else to do things whilst you play video games 8 hours a day
People have different lives and work in different ways. Ok so you and many, many, many people like to work and "earn" your money, but because someone lives differently and is "lazy" doesn't mean you're any better than them. Do what works for you and that's all that matters.
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
(Original post by AnonymousNoMore)
If you don't vote, or run for power yourself, you can't complain about the outcome.
Complaining isn't really what non-voters should do anyway-just sit back and laugh as all the voters squabble over what they believe to be right about an uncontrollable world.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Unless you're in the minority in which case you may as well just stay at home.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
Unless you're in the minority in which case you may as well just stay at home.
True but that's all part if living in a democratic country isn't it? The alternative is you have no say at all, with the majority scared of saying anything against the master, for fear of what the minority will do to them!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (314)
65.97%
No (162)
34.03%

Watched Threads