The Student Room Group

Are these good mock results?

Hi guys, I just got my mock results back, and I just need to know if these are good for this stage atm. I primarily want to achieve mainly 7s, 8s, and 9s. Btw, For A level, I want to do maths, physics, product design and maybe further maths.

Maths - 8
English Literature - 6
English Language - 6
Biology - 5
Chemistry - 5
Physics - 8
History - 7
Design and Tech (Product Design) - 5
Computer Science - 5
Your mock results for product design are not strong enough for an A level in it, currently - you really want to be achieving a minimum 6/7 for A level subject success, so you need to work harder at that - and your overall profile doesn't look strong for 4 A levels (product design is very time consuming). Focus on those and ensuring that you nail your English too. Generally if you work hard you should go up one, possibly two grades in the summer so good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by Simbasoul
Your mock results for product design are not strong enough for an A level in it, currently - you really want to be achieving a minimum 6/7 for A level subject success, so you need to work harder at that - and your overall profile doesn't look strong for 4 A levels (product design is very time consuming). Focus on those and ensuring that you nail your English too. Generally if you work hard you should go up one, possibly two grades in the summer so good luck.

Hey, thanks for the advice. I was disappointed with my DT grade but this was only based on the theory, not the coursework. The main reason I was disappointed was because I had drastically improved my theory in class tests, averaging about 70 percent plus in all the topic tests. And doing four A levels is a MAYBE. I have put down further maths on the options list, but depending on my actual results I may remove the further maths or keep it ( or even try it out for about 2 months and possibly drop it if it is not going well).
Original post by Fifty345
Hi guys, I just got my mock results back, and I just need to know if these are good for this stage atm. I primarily want to achieve mainly 7s, 8s, and 9s. Btw, For A level, I want to do maths, physics, product design and maybe further maths.

Maths - 8
English Literature - 6
English Language - 6
Biology - 5
Chemistry - 5
Physics - 8
History - 7
Computer Science - 5

These are really good results. If you work hard for both your GCSEs and A Levels you will be very successful in your exams. At GCSE I got 6s in maths, English and science, Bs in all my other subjects except History and German which I got As in and got AAB at A Level (I was predicted to get worse than this tho because my GCSE results weren’t that good). So if you work hard you can achieve
Reply 4
Original post by Gemmamaexoxo
These are really good results. If you work hard for both your GCSEs and A Levels you will be very successful in your exams. At GCSE I got 6s in maths, English and science, Bs in all my other subjects except History and German which I got As in and got AAB at A Level (I was predicted to get worse than this tho because my GCSE results weren’t that good). So if you work hard you can achieve

Yh I really want to boost up my grades that I got a 5 in.
Reply 5
Okay hey guys, I just needed to follow up from this. My plan for uni is to study mechanical engineering. For a levels I want to do maths, physics and either product design or further maths. Following up from my mock grades, I do believe I can increase my DT grade to at least a 7, however I am unsure whether I should do this or further maths instead for a level. I had thought of doing 4 but that is too much for me. What do u guys think?
Okay hey guys, I just needed to follow up from this. My plan for uni is to study mechanical engineering. For a levels I want to do maths, physics and either product design or further maths. Following up from my mock grades, I do believe I can increase my DT grade to at least a 7, however I am unsure whether I should do this or further maths instead for a level. I had thought of doing 4 but that is too much for me. What do u guys think?

Hey. I think it depends on what you enjoy more because either subject could get you to study mechanical engineering at uni. Enjoying a subject more than the other will most likely result in you getting a higher grade. Also if you decide to do further maths, you can always read around design and technology(read articles, etc.) to boost your knowledge when it comes to uni applications.
Reply 7
Original post by entertainerl30
Hey. I think it depends on what you enjoy more because either subject could get you to study mechanical engineering at uni. Enjoying a subject more than the other will most likely result in you getting a higher grade. Also if you decide to do further maths, you can always read around design and technology(read articles, etc.) to boost your knowledge when it comes to uni applications.

Yh, as you can see from my mock results above, I defo enjoy maths a lot (hence the mock grade 8 in maths and physics), but I do enjoy DT as well. But what would really be more beneficial for the course?
Yh, as you can see from my mock results above, I defo enjoy maths a lot (hence the mock grade 8 in maths and physics), but I do enjoy DT as well. But what would really be more beneficial for the course?

It depends on the university you would want to apply to as some don’t require DT but I think either would work especially because you are doing physics which is very important

I got a grade 9 in maths and an A* in further maths GCSE. I absolutely love maths, and when I took further maths (it was one of 3 subjects, not an extra 4th) I was very disappointed and found it so hard, so much so that I changed subject. I personally wouldn’t recommend taking it as an option out of 3, let alone a 4th subject. You’re better off picking a subject that isn’t as hard so you can get a better grade

Maths - 8
English Literature - 6
English Language - 6
Biology - 5
Chemistry - 5
Physics - 8
History - 7
Computer Science - 5

Also, my mock results were very similar. I got 6’s in all sciences and 7’s in englishes, and an 8 in maths. I weng on to achieve all 8’s and a 9 in maths. Just bear that in mind, hopefully that will help you
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest