This discussion is closed.
JMR2020.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
PRSOM Catus. ^

Does the prime minister expect to lose the motions and bill challenge by the end of the parliamentary term?

EDIT: And PRSOM Rakas and Mogg. ...
I hope not.
This government will continue to aim to sumbit and pass transformative pieces of legislation and motions every week with the aim of improving the lives of all in this country.
JMR2020.
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Mr Speaker, does the Prime Minister believe that this current coalition will sustain given the growing vocal anger elsewhere from senior Liberal Party members regarding having to occupy multiple seats to sustain a coalition not led by them with a party that still has continuing critical activity issues and a lack of productivity from its members.
Yes, and I have had no such anger directed to me. The Liberal Democrats have been completely supportive throughout the coalition and indeed in the last government.
As you know, we did well in these last elections, and I have introduced new people to the party to become MPs, often recruiting from outside of TSR as well. But sometimes not able to fill all seats and the Lib Dems have been very helpful in this regard.

(Original post by Aph)
Mr Speaker,

What does the Prime minister believe that the biggest threat facing MHOC-land is today and how does he intend to tackle it?
Which I think relates to this question.
I think MHoC needs to be marketed and advertised better. I think many are interested in politics on this site but most people would not find it easy to join a party or how to get involved, or even know what MHoC is. I think sending a mass PM every mid term or so clearly explaining what it is and how to sign up. That would be my advice, at least.
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by JMR2020.)
I am deeply sorry to hear about the hate directed to the Leader of the opposition. I emphasise that hate of any sort has no place in our society, and will do all I can to help the police tackle race related hate related incidents, which you mention have spiked in the aftermath of the new strain of Coronavirus.

I believe it is important that reports of radicalisation are taken seriously by police and Muslim community leaders have a responsibility to ensure such matters are reported. I believe that more needs to be done to fund deradicalisation programmes, which at the same time do not create a hostile environment and single out Muslims in particular but rather seek to tackle all types of extremist ideology, since they are all a threat to our tolerant way of living here in Britain.

I did have a walk around Parliament Square on Brexit day to see how the celebrations were going, although I didn't hugely take a large part in them myself I am afraid
Thank you, Mr Prime Minister.

4. What does the Prime Minister will happen to the UK after the Brexit transitional period? To clarify this, I'm asking more about his vision for the UK after that.

5. Will there be minister questions, such as the equalities one proposed?

6. What does the Prime Minister think about President Trump's peace plan for Israel and Palestine?

Thank you.
JMR2020.
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
Is the Prime Minister confident that he maintains the confidence of his party and the coalition as a whole given his lack of activity in the house? On top of my head I can think of 3 Labour MPs more deserving of his position, and if I were any of them I would for sure be frustrated at your lack of activity.
Yes I am confident of both. Once again I aim to increase activity, which was why I held his PMQs and will continue to do so. Furthermore as I have said previously, nowhere have I heard of these alleged private rumours that parts of the coalition are dissatisfied, and I believe the only reason the opposition continue to bring up these allegations is because they seek to sow the seeds of discord and bring down a democratically elected government.
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Mr Speaker,

For my second question, I would like to know the Prime Minister’s thoughts on the rising social problem of domestic abuse against men; does he agree with me that domestic abuse against men is consistently treated with much less severity than domestic abuse against women, when the two should be considered equal?

Additionally as my final follow up: does his government have any plans to address this imbalance?

JMR2020.
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes I am confident of both. Once again I aim to increase activity, which was why I held his PMQs and will continue to do so. Furthermore as I have said previously, nowhere have I heard of these alleged private rumours that parts of the coalition are dissatisfied, and I believe the only reason the opposition continue to bring up these allegations is because they seek to sow the seeds of discord and bring down a democratically elected government.
:zomg:
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I am hoping to carry out a PMQs either every week or every two weeks in order to boost activity and increase the accountability of the government. I will be away from next week for a week or so, and there will be someone to deputy me as PM so that there is no absence of leadership while I am away.
I thank the Prime Minister for his response, and would like to ask - as my follow-up question - what his duties as Prime Minister entail on a day-to-day basis.
quirky editor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
To be honest if you find this place you're spending too long on the interwebs. Now I have to ask a question. Does the Prime minister intend to make this coalition a broad church, as there are accusations from a right honourable member of the opposition that this is a "Marxist Government"?
JMR2020.
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Baron of Sealand)
Thank you, Mr Prime Minister.

4. What does the Prime Minister will happen to the UK after the Brexit transitional period? To clarify this, I'm asking more about his vision for the UK after that.

5. Will there be minister questions, such as the equalities one proposed?

6. What does the Prime Minister think about President Trump's peace plan for Israel and Palestine?

Thank you.
If you are asking for my personal opinion I hope there is a free trade agreement with the EU - but most of all I hope we are able to leave the institutions and jurisdiction of the European Union.

Yes, there will be depending on the availability of ministers

I am opposed to Trump's proposed deal which infringes upon the right of Palestinians to self determinate over the whole of their territories. I support a two state solution on the basis of the 1947 UN agreement.
JMR2020.
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Connor27)
Mr Speaker,

For my second question, I would like to know the Prime Minister’s thoughts on the rising social problem of domestic abuse against men; does he agree with me that domestic abuse against men is consistently treated with much less severity than domestic abuse against women, when the two should be considered equal?

Additionally as my final follow up: does his government have any plans to address this imbalance?

JMR2020.
Yes, I think that violence both ways round should be treated severely by the law and I would be happy to support strengthening the law to make sure that any type of domestic violence is properly dealt with.
JMR2020.
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
I thank the Prime Minister for his response, and would like to ask - as my follow-up question - what his duties as Prime Minister entail on a day-to-day basis.
- To facilitate discussion within the cabinet and government
-To propose any amendments to government bills if necessary, and to sign off on them.
- To answer questions directed to me.
JMR2020.
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by quirky editor)
To be honest if you find this place you're spending too long on the interwebs. Now I have to ask a question. Does the Prime minister intend to make this coalition a broad church, as there are accusations from a right honourable member of the opposition that this is a "Marxist Government"?
Yes I have been clear from the start that all points of view are acceptable in the government so long as they abide by our ethos of working to help ordinary individuals and to work towards the ideals of equality and freedom.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
This session of PMQs is over, further debate may continue in Ask the Government.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.53%
No (241)
33.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed