The Student Room Group

3 months and 14 days until a levels

I got CCD in the december mocks is it possible to get AAB or ABB in the real exam. ****ting it tbf i did no revision what so ever im finding it really hard to be motivated :frown: and im so lazy in general like i know im capable but my laziness is letting me down :frown:
thanks for reminding me 😔
you can do it if you do a LOT of work from now. you need to be improving like 30 marks to get an A from a C in most subjects.

most start proper proper revision in easter break (as in over 8 hours a day revision). don’t think about the possibility, just start practicing as soon as possible, consistency is key
This is only AS bio but I got a U in the mock, B overall (in just a month, I didn't even work that hard)
You really can improve in 3 months, some exams are in 4 months time.
I too am struggling with motivation and laziness, my only advice would be to think about why you are doing it (uni, job, make yourself proud etc) Ik someone who wanted to be a paramedic and so their parent stuck a picture of an ambulance over the tv and near her desk. But anyway have some way of reminding yourself of your goals
Original post by waiman01
I got CCD in the december mocks is it possible to get AAB or ABB in the real exam. ****ting it tbf i did no revision what so ever im finding it really hard to be motivated :frown: and im so lazy in general like i know im capable but my laziness is letting me down :frown:

Sounds like it's time to give yourself a bit of a kick up the bum and knuckle down. Start by making lists of all the topics you need to revise for each exam. Then, start by revising the topics you are struggling with the most, and then work your way up to revising the ones you find easiest (seeing as you can spend the least time on these). Make timetables, schedules etc. to help you stay on track. Stay at school after the day finishes so you stay focused, ask your teachers for some extra help after school if there's anything you're particularly stuck on. Find the revision methods that work best for you and get going. If you don't do these things, then you won't get good results and you'll have only yourself to blame. It's up to you - but it's time to get a wriggle on if you want to do well. Good luck.
Reply 4
Original post by DrawTheLine
Sounds like it's time to give yourself a bit of a kick up the bum and knuckle down. Start by making lists of all the topics you need to revise for each exam. Then, start by revising the topics you are struggling with the most, and then work your way up to revising the ones you find easiest (seeing as you can spend the least time on these). Make timetables, schedules etc. to help you stay on track. Stay at school after the day finishes so you stay focused, ask your teachers for some extra help after school if there's anything you're particularly stuck on. Find the revision methods that work best for you and get going. If you don't do these things, then you won't get good results and you'll have only yourself to blame. It's up to you - but it's time to get a wriggle on if you want to do well. Good luck.

You are very right. Do you think its possible for me to achieve AAB in those time doing these? My worst fear is doinf eveeything ai possibly can ans still do **** in the real exam :frown:
Original post by waiman01
You are very right. Do you think its possible for me to achieve AAB in those time doing these? My worst fear is doinf eveeything ai possibly can ans still do **** in the real exam :frown:

If you really knuckle down and work your butt off then it's possible. Obviously there's no way of knowing for sure, but as long as you put the effort in and truly try your best, that's all anyone can ask of you. Believe in yourself. If you go into the exam knowing you've really revised well and that you know your stuff then you have a good chance of getting good marks.

Quick Reply

Latest