The Student Room Group

Clearing

Quick question, if I got above the entry requirements for a uni but did not satisfy the GCSE maths grade would they be willing to accept my application?
Usually if a university requires a higher than 4 or C grade for Maths and you dont meet it you automatically rejected.
Original post by Harrisn
Quick question, if I got above the entry requirements for a uni but did not satisfy the GCSE maths grade would they be willing to accept my application?

Hi Harris,

As Jack mentioned if a university asks for a GCSE then it will be required.

You can apply for a university and they won't necessarily decline you but will mention that you will need to repeat and pass the exam before they can accept you onto your course. My recommendation would be prepare for this now.

The title of this thread is 'clearing' so I am assuming that you are thinking of applying through clearing. If you have exhausted all your choices on UCAS currently then you can always apply through UCAS extra. If you haven't applied at all you can still apply right now through UCAS as normal.

I hope this helps.

Patrick :lep:
I think it depends.

My Uni course states B or above in Maths GCSE and C or above in English, but I got C in Maths (and B in English). But I was able to do an Access Science course at college (because I don't have A levels) and I have been given a conditional offer for the Uni degree based off achieving required grades in the Access course. My GCSEs weren't mentioned and dont appear to be a problem.
Reply 4
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi Harris,

As Jack mentioned if a university asks for a GCSE then it will be required.

You can apply for a university and they won't necessarily decline you but will mention that you will need to repeat and pass the exam before they can accept you onto your course. My recommendation would be prepare for this now.

The title of this thread is 'clearing' so I am assuming that you are thinking of applying through clearing. If you have exhausted all your choices on UCAS currently then you can always apply through UCAS extra. If you haven't applied at all you can still apply right now through UCAS as normal.

I hope this helps.

Patrick :lep:

Hi Patrick, the name is Harrison, and I have received all of my offers so unfortunately I won't be able to use UCAS Extra..
Original post by Harrisn
Hi Patrick, the name is Harrison, and I have received all of my offers so unfortunately I won't be able to use UCAS Extra..

You can if you reject them all.
If you have received five offers, is the issue that they all include in their conditions a GCSE grade that you don't have? Are you retaking Maths (again) this summer, or do you already have a 4, so didn't have to retake, but have applied only to universities that require a higher grade?
(If you have 5 offers, you haven't been rejected?).
Original post by Harrisn

Hi @Harrisn

No worries, if you need to make new applications you can decline your offers and apply via Extra that way. If you don't want to do that then you can always wait until clearing to apply for universities. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending