I'm pregnant and need some advice :(( Watch

Cocoo234
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey,
I'm new to this place but I need some advice. I feel like I have a real problem that I can't really cope with and I'm kinda out of my mind. I did a pregnancy test 2 days ago cause my period was late (it was never really regular tho so I wasn't that worried) and I was having nausea, being sick often and so on and the test was positive, so I guess I'm pregnant. I talked to my boyfriend (who is the father as he's the only one I had sex with recently) and my friend and my boyfriend got like angry and he hasn't talked to me since I told him. And I don't really know what to do. None of my friends have been in such a situation ever and I really feel like I need someone to talk to about this and get some advice, please guys.
Also I'm 17 now (turning 18 in April)
Thanks for all advice, I'm really desperate
Designeddeath
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Cocoo234)
Hey,
I'm new to this place but I need some advice. I feel like I have a real problem that I can't really cope with and I'm kinda out of my mind. I did a pregnancy test 2 days ago cause my period was late (it was never really regular tho so I wasn't that worried) and I was having nausea, being sick often and so on and the test was positive, so I guess I'm pregnant. I talked to my boyfriend (who is the father as he's the only one I had sex with recently) and my friend and my boyfriend got like angry and he hasn't talked to me since I told him. And I don't really know what to do. None of my friends have been in such a situation ever and I really feel like I need someone to talk to about this and get some advice, please guys.
Also I'm 17 now (turning 18 in April)
Thanks for all advice, I'm really desperate
Hey,
A baby is good source of joy, love etc. But, it’s up to decide what you want to do. There are options and you should be totally comfortable with what you choose. You should weigh your pros and cons and then pick. However, don’t rush at making any decision but don’t make it at a later time.

Goodluck!
Cocoo234
Rep:
?
Hi!
Thanks for your response! Yeah, I guess baby can be a source of joy but well I think it's tooo early for me to have a child. Also, I feel like really weird and embarrassed to ask strangers for help but I don't know what else I can do. And I was wondering, cause I'm doing IB DP (Year 1 of DP now) and I was thinking if someone could tell me if it's actually possible to get good grades, do all the assignments etc while being pregnant cause it's really important to me!! Do if anyone doing IB DP while pregnant (or who heard of someone etc) could give me some advice, it would be much appreciated!
Designeddeath
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It’s possible to get good grades while pregnant. However, do you consider taking a gap year? Have you told your parents?
Cocoo234
Rep:
?
(Original post by Designeddeath)
It’s possible to get good grades while pregnant. However, do you consider taking a gap year? Have you told your parents?
I haven't told them yet cause they are not home yet, they're coming back on this Tuesday, I believe and that's when I'm planning on telling them (if I'm brave enough)
I don't think it's possible to take a gap year now, only after I finish school, before the uni, right?
bzkldn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
do you... want to keep the baby? Im really sorry that your boyfriend wouldn't talk to you about it, that wasn't mature If you are happy with it, I guess its up to you. When you are ready you should get in touch with a midwife. If you are not happy about it, you need to get in touch with your GP. OP, this isn't your fault. It can happen to anybody. Whatever you choose I wish you good luck <3
Cocoo234
Rep:
?
(Original post by bzkldn)
do you... want to keep the baby? Im really sorry that your boyfriend wouldn't talk to you about it, that wasn't mature If you are happy with it, I guess its up to you. When you are ready you should get in touch with a midwife. If you are not happy about it, you need to get in touch with your GP. OP, this isn't your fault. It can happen to anybody. Whatever you choose I wish you good luck <3
Thank you so much! I don't really know if I wanna keep the baby, I feel like this would be too much, but I don't consider abortion a good option (especially that it's illegal in my country), but I don't know yet what I will do after the baby is born (
bzkldn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much! I don't really know if I wanna keep the baby, I feel like this would be too much, but I don't consider abortion a good option (especially that it's illegal in my country), but I don't know yet what I will do after the baby is born (
ouch. Where do you live? This is a really tough predicament. Maybe it is worth talking to with your partner and parents. If you decide not to keep the baby, often midwifes will have counselling/advice on adoption and other solutions. You are not alone right now. Do you think your parents will be supportive?
Cocoo234
Rep:
?
ouch. Where do you live? This is a really tough predicament. Maybe it is worth talking to with your partner and parents. If you decide not to keep the baby, often midwifes will have counselling/advice on adoption and other solutions. You are not alone right now. Do you think your parents will be supportive?
I live in Poland, here abortion is legal only in some cases, e.g. when the health of the mother is in danger because of the pregnancy or if the pregnancy is a result of rape. I know, I will try to talk to my parents ASAP but as far as I remember they've never really been supportive if I was having a tough time so I'm not really sure how it's gonna be this time. I talked to my boyfriend and now he's not talking to me but I hope it's just because he felt overwhelmed and he's gonna change his mind and help me.
bzkldn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
my heart absolutely bleeds for you. I hope he was overwhelmed too. what are mental health services in Poland like? In England you can make an appointment with a doctor as you usually would if you were sick, to talk about a difficult situation life. maybe if you spoke to a doctor they could give you better advice than me im so sorry I don't know much about Poland
Cocoo234
Rep:
?
my heart absolutely bleeds for you. I hope he was overwhelmed too. what are mental health services in Poland like? In England you can make an appointment with a doctor as you usually would if you were sick, to talk about a difficult situation life. maybe if you spoke to a doctor they could give you better advice than me im so sorry I don't know much about Poland
Ohh don't worry, it's fine! I'm going to talk to the doctor cause anyways I have to make an appointment, but I think healthcare in Poland is generally in a bad condition, so he/she might not really give me any advice. We also don't really have school counsellors (there are some but they don't really know anything about their job and it's more likely that they make the situation worse than that they make it better), so there are not many people that I can actually talk to and ask for advice.
Cocoo234
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I thought that maybe some of you are interested. My parents came back home on Tuesday and I didn't want to tell them right then, but my mother noticed it, cause on that day I had nausea etc. so yeah, they know. But well we haven't talked since then. My mum only made an appointment to the doctor, so yeah, just in case anyone was interested
Designeddeath
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I thought that maybe some of you are interested. My parents came back home on Tuesday and I didn't want to tell them right then, but my mother noticed it, cause on that day I had nausea etc. so yeah, they know. But well we haven't talked since then. My mum only made an appointment to the doctor, so yeah, just in case anyone was interested
Wow! It’s seems kinda okay. So have you made a decision yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (222)
61.16%
Yes- I don't like it (15)
4.13%
No- I want it (101)
27.82%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.89%

Watched Threads