Unhappiness and Ugliness Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
The power of the mind is quite strong so I choose to not think about these things but it's hard. I am unhappy because I'm unattractive. I'm very unattractive. I get called ugly by random stranger, being called "the ugliest girl" one man has ever seen.

Being judged and spoken about by girls in a nasty way indirectly but I am close enough to hear. Being commented on about my nose, hair .

I have anxiety as it is but this makes it tougher. I can do things on my own but my anxiety is ridiculous so I seem to need people I trust around to feel safe in public. I, of course, have to get over this.

Now, I just ignore everything and accept I'm ugly. I try to put effort into my hair, skin etc. I'm hoping to get plastic surgery and orthodontist work to fix my teeth and face.

I have found few nice people to be with for which I am truly grateful. I do not feel comfortable talking to strangers or making new friends in Uni because of this. It's taking a big toll on me, affecting my relationships, I do not feel comfortable at all in public spaces.

Does anyone have to go through this everyday? I know girls have more ways to get less ugly than guys ( makeup, hair, clothes etc) but i can't be helped by those. Truly, I want to focus of my degree and get on with life but this is something that is always at the back of your mind and it always affects your ability to interact with the world.
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It says a lot about their character the ones who call you ugly in public.

Ignore them as it shows their nastiness.

Have comfidement on the people you have met.

I would say ignore them.
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You're probably not even that ugly. But even if you are, remember that The Elephant Man didn't let being really ugly stop him from going on to star in a very popular film.
shebk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Appearance isn't as important as ability.
Ho old are you?
Do you study in university? What do you major in? Do you study well in school?
What's your ambition? If you have good ambition, appearance isn't important, and you will be successful!
MoonlightRain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I used to feel like the ugliest girl in the world and I would constantly cake on makeup so I can feel validated. That was when I was like 13. One day, it just stopped. I felt beautiful and I realised that people who place such importance on looks won’t get very far in their relationships. It’s personality that makes you stay. I realised my self worth and that I deserve good. My self esteem went from 2% to now, 70%. Im not fully there yet but I’m getting there. Patience
shebk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by MoonlightRain)
I used to feel like the ugliest girl in the world and I would constantly cake on makeup so I can feel validated. That was when I was like 13. One day, it just stopped. I felt beautiful and I realised that people who place such importance on looks won’t get very far in their relationships. It’s personality that makes you stay. I realised my self worth and that I deserve good. My self esteem went from 2% to now, 70%. Im not fully there yet but I’m getting there. Patience
Your story is wonderful, but why you say you are male in your profile?
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
its always the most insecure people who tend to insult others, have you ever noticed that? so the person who called you ugly probably has the shi ttiest life right now and therefore took it out on you. you'd do well to completely ignore a loser like him. hes a nobody, completely irrelevant so why care about the opinion of a nobody??
MoonlightRain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by shebk)
Your story is wonderful, but why you say you are male in your profile?
Thanks. I don’t know tbh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (484)
59.53%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.29%
No- I want it (232)
28.54%
No- I don't want it (54)
6.64%

Watched Threads