The Student Room Group

Is it weird for me (22M) to go on a night out with my brother (20M) and his friends?

There's a big uni event coming up at my brothers college.I'm going to stay with him and go out for the day/night to pubs and clubs with him and his friends.We're not always that close, I mean as kids we played football together 24/7, we took turns on the Xbox and generally got on well but I've never had 'that' type of a relationship with my brother.. I never really feel comfortable around his friends - they all seem to like me but at least on my side it's like they're my brothers friends..I guess it'll be a little better because they're have a house party but I just don't want to be 'his brother', I just want to go out and enjoy a night out with some good people.Even on the topic of girls, we've never spoke about who were dating or what's going on in that world.He knows a hot girl I work with, I've spoken about her, as has he.. we've never mentioned the glaringly obvious fact that she's a model.. but the second I speak with his friends that's all the mention.I don't know how unusual that is.I know with some of my friends they'll chat with their brothers about stuff like that.. but you know, small population.Any advice?
Original post by Anonymous
Is it weird for me (22M) to go on a night out with my brother (20M) and his friends?

Not even remotely.

As you get older you'll learn that it's normal to treat your brother as a friend. If you avoid overthinking it then I'm sure you'll have fun with him and his friends just like you would with your own.

When you were 18 and he was 16 that was a huge age difference. 22 and 20, not so much. By the time your brother is 30 (like mine) you won't even remember that you're not the same age.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending