Blood Test

Watch
jaynicho2019
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was in hospital last Saturday and I had a blood test whist I was there, I had a rash all over my legs and I was worried, I had a blood test then after 8 hours I was given some antihistamines as it was an allergy. I was wondering would they have had the blood test results back the same day and If they thought there was something wrong they would’ve told me?
jaynicho2019
Rep:
?
(Original post by expatmum)
yes - they would have told you - they have to tell you. It's highly likely it was an allergic reaction of some kind. I recently had a similar thing when my body basically produced too many red blood cells because it was confused fighting 2 infections at once - I was covered in little red dots. It wasn't an allergy, it was just my immune system going into overdrive, which produces similar results. some steroids and anti hystamines later and I was fine. Don't worry - they are legally obliged to tell you if there is anything wrong. It's late.... try and stop worrying If the spots are dying down you're good. Bodies are wonderful things.
So they would’ve had the results back on the same day? I was worried about my liver function because I thought my eyes were a bit yellow and in blood tests they can detect liver failure can’t they.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jaynicho2019)
So they would’ve had the results back on the same day? I was worried about my liver function because I thought my eyes were a bit yellow and in blood tests they can detect liver failure can’t they.
They would know on the same day for most blood tests, yeah. They can detect abnormal liver function only if they check liver function tests.
jaynicho2019
Rep:
?
i was told they test to see if all your organs are functioning correctly so if there was something wrong they would’ve said wouldn’t they.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jaynicho2019)
I was in hospital last Saturday and I had a blood test whist I was there, I had a rash all over my legs and I was worried, I had a blood test then after 8 hours I was given some antihistamines as it was an allergy. I was wondering would they have had the blood test results back the same day and If they thought there was something wrong they would’ve told me?
If you were wanting for like 8 hours after they took your blood that will have been while they waited for the results. If anything important showed up on the tests they would tell you and start any appropriate treatments or further testing.
Sounds like they have you the antihistamines and sent you home after the 8 hour wait. That will have been in response to the results. Sound to me like noting came up so they just gave you normal allergy treatemt and let you go home.

If you are worried for any reason you can always call your doctors surgery and ask about it. Like if you're still having symptoms or you feel like it is part of a bigger issue with more symptoms.
Your GP should be able to check the results, tell you what they were/ if anything important came up and help with any other concerns you have.

But yeah they would have told you if there was any big issue. They aren't going to just let you go home and die or get super sick or something.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (205)
43.9%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (52)
11.13%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.71%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (99)
21.2%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.28%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.78%

Watched Threads