The Student Room Group

Higher maths helpppp

thanks to everyone who gave me their opinions i really value them. however i still want to ask one last question is higher maths passable? i mean is there anyone who has done it and it has been worth it. plz tell me because i might drop history to focus on the higher tier because its too hard. will someone like me who cannot grasp at basic maths skills be able to do higher tier maths in a span of 2 months. i will have to learn myself too. can someone plz give me some logical advice, thank you to everyone once again...
Original post by jenkokie
thanks to everyone who gave me their opinions i really value them. however i still want to ask one last question is higher maths passable? i mean is there anyone who has done it and it has been worth it. plz tell me because i might drop history to focus on the higher tier because its too hard. will someone like me who cannot grasp at basic maths skills be able to do higher tier maths in a span of 2 months. i will have to learn myself too. can someone plz give me some logical advice, thank you to everyone once again...

I would ask your maths teachers what they think is realistic and what will be best for you. I’d only ever recommend trying higher tier if you fully understand foundation tier and are comfortably getting the top grade on those papers. Higher maths is doable if you put the work in, but not everyone loves maths and it doesn’t come easy to everyone. So ask your teachers as they will know you best and be able to give you the most accurate advice. Good luck!
Reply 2
i dont have a teacher to ask and
Original post by jenkokie

personally I struggle with higher maths as well, I'm only aiming for a five or six, what I've been told is just focus on the first section of the paper and try and smash it. It's hard but just try and put something down for every question, you'll get working marks, and if you do this you'll probably get a good grade, practice papers and Corbitt maths videos are personally really helpful and their five idea is good for quick testing :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest