Anonymous370
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey,

When moving from one job to the next, references are needed usually, be it Perm or Temp. Understand that basic things like dates of employment, job title, etc get checked. My question is, do they check your reason for leaving ? Also, do they check your main responsibilities and who you reported into/manager position ?

Thanks😀
Hoc est Bellum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous370)
Hey,

When moving from one job to the next, references are needed usually, be it Perm or Temp. Understand that basic things like dates of employment, job title, etc get checked. My question is, do they check your reason for leaving ? Also, do they check your main responsibilities and who you reported into/manager position ?

Thanks😀
Yes, they will likely check all of that, they need to be thourogh in their checks.
Anonymous370
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Hoc est Bellum)
Yes, they will likely check all of that, they need to be thourogh in their checks.
What if a mismatch between what the candidate gave as reason for leaving and what the leaving employer gave ? Thanks
Hoc est Bellum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous370)
What if a mismatch between what the candidate gave as reason for leaving and what the leaving employer gave ? Thanks
Unfortunately if there is a mismatch, the hiring employer may see you as untrustworthy if you were to have a different response. Try not to lie in your job interview as if you are caught, you will lose the job essentially.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (409)
67.83%
No (194)
32.17%

Watched Threads