Are Brexiteers Stupid? Watch

This discussion is closed.
AnonymousNoMore
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Education and salary dont always go hand in hand. If I was going to make the point you make I'd probably select a different

Brexit voters who voted leave to reduce immigration from Islamic countries.

There are misinformed people on both sides of the fence.
They kind of do go hand in hand, the highest educated aren't always the highest paid but there is definately a strong correlation between people who choose to go into further education, then those who do not, in terms of salary. That's just a fact.

And that is just a different point, doesn't mean my point was wrong. And I don't think voting leave, based on an immigration reason alone, is misinformed. If their hope was to reduce immigration, then brexit will most likely achieve that. So that would make them informed? There may or may not be a correct answer as to whether limited controlled immigration is good or bad, but if they wanted to leave because of immigration, it would make them informed.

Edit: just read thst you said Islamic countries, I take back what i say, although with the fear of Turkey joining the EU, it coudl be considered an informed opinion.
Last edited by AnonymousNoMore; 1 week ago
AnonymousNoMore
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BrainMan9)
Isn't that exactly what they do? You disagree with something they will yell Fascist! at you. And where possible you will aslo get attacked physically.
Left learning extremists are the same as the right wing ones. Difference (if any) is only cosmetical. Methods are identical as are their goals. Isn't the Antifa pretty much the same as was the SA?
I mean the fact that you just composted antifa to the SA tells me everything I need to know. And again, calling someone a fascist is not surpressing their opinions. I hear an awful lot of right leaning voters calling corbyn a Marxist, does this make them a fascist? Of course not, because there is no legislation to surpress their opinion. Stop misusing the term fascist.
And physical violence is not a common thing in any means of UK or US politics. And if we were to say which side was more violent, wouldn't we say the right? Just think back to charlotsville.
The point is, yes there is bad people on both sides but you cannot categorise anyone who calls you a fascist as a fascist, because it doesn't fit the definition.
This is coming from someone who is right leaning as well.
BrainMan9
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What is the difference between SA and the Antifa?

Also yelling gibberish at other people to prevent them from expressing their opinion does not necessary makes you a fascist but it does makes you a bigot.
AnonymousNoMore
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What is the difference between SA and the Antifa?

Also yelling gibberish at other people to prevent them from expressing their opinion does not necessary makes you a fascist but it does makes you a bigot.
Thank you there you go, we agree they are not fascists, at last.

Well let's see, Antifa as far as my knowledge were not a German political paramilitary group. Antifa have no official military training, and they do not as far as I know go round intimidating trade union groups and people of the jewish faith.

The only point of comparison I can think of is that they both disrupted opposition parties meetings and rallies. Although the SA were paramilitary and not just a bunch of teenagers.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
I thought this was just a blatant troll, but seems to be fulfilling a need for those of you only able to talk about brexit.
You can tell by looking at the OPs other contributions.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SoftGingerCat)
Someone is still pissed we left from the looks of it
Might become a national holiday.
BrainMan9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AnonymousNoMore)
Thank you there you go, we agree they are not fascists, at last.

Well let's see, Antifa as far as my knowledge were not a German political paramilitary group. Antifa have no official military training, and they do not as far as I know go round intimidating trade union groups and people of the jewish faith.

The only point of comparison I can think of is that they both disrupted opposition parties meetings and rallies. Although the SA were paramilitary and not just a bunch of teenagers.
You forgot to add that it's not 1935 too and that antifa thugs wear black and not brown. Also, Jews were, and are not very "popular" to the left leaning extremists

I am talking about their methods, thought and way of thinking and acting, the wishes hate towards anyone who disagree with them. There is no meaningful difference between the Antifa thugs and the Browshirts. They are the same type of people that would 90 years ago join SA or communist militias (same).
AnonymousNoMore
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You forgot to add that it's not 1935 too and that antifa thugs wear black and not brown. Also, Jews were, and are not very "popular" to the left leaning extremists

I am talking about their methods, thought and way of thinking and acting, the wishes hate towards anyone who disagree with them. There is no meaningful difference between the Antifa thugs and the Browshirts. They are the same type of people that would 90 years ago join SA or communist militias (same).
Except you just said the main comparison is their methods, where as this is a difference. Antifa are not a paramilitary group that go around in a military style imposing fair in other political parties, to keep them into silence. They are misinformed teenagers who think their opinions matter and sometimes take it too fair. You're being completely irrational, and I've never heard an Antifa member start rambling about how they hate people of the Jewish faith.
There is a difference between thinking and protesting in a democratic manner, which some take too far and commit vandalism and assault, and then the SA methods which were to impose mass fear through military style techniques.
Last edited by AnonymousNoMore; 1 week ago
Finito
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What if I don't want to examine because I already know the answer?
Burton Bridge
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They kind of do go hand in hand, the highest educated aren't always the highest paid but there is definately a strong correlation between people who choose to go into further education, then those who do not, in terms of salary. That's just a fact.

And that is just a different point, doesn't mean my point was wrong. And I don't think voting leave, based on an immigration reason alone, is misinformed. If their hope was to reduce immigration, then brexit will most likely achieve that. So that would make them informed? There may or may not be a correct answer as to whether limited controlled immigration is good or bad, but if they wanted to leave because of immigration, it would make them informed.

Edit: just read thst you said Islamic countries, I take back what i say, although with the fear of Turkey joining the EU, it coudl be considered an informed opinion.
I wrote you a reply out just deleted it due to your edit. Also in pre 2016 you may remember David Cameron being a huge advocate of Turkish membership of the EU, with the expansion of the EU in the noughties, I dont think its accurate to call this an uninformed fear, just because we now have the benefit of hindsight.

BTW I was not saying your point was wrong, just saying more appropriate one would of been what I said, which effectively was brexiteers voting to give the UK government powers back it already had. Is better than salary vs education which has holes available to pick, that argument is simple clear cut wrong, where as yours isnt.
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 1 week ago
AnonymousNoMore
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I wrote you a reply out just deleted it due to your edit. Also in pre 2016 you may remember David Cameron being a huge advocate of Turkish membership of the EU, with the expansion of the EU in the noughties, I dont think its accurate to call this an uninformed fear, just because we now have the benefit of hindsight.

BTW I was not saying your point was wrong, just saying more appropriate one would of been what I said, which effectively was brexiteers voting to give the UK government powers back it already had. Is better than salary vs education which has holes available to pick, that argument is simple clear cut wrong, where as yours isnt.
Fair enough I think we agree on the main points. And you're right this whole mess we currently are in is because of Cameron.
SoftGingerCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
Might become a national holiday.
We can only hope
BrainMan9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Name:  11.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  123.8 KBName:  54623.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  67.5 KBName:  .jpg
Views: 7
Size:  57.4 KBName:  .jpg
Views: 5
Size:  50.9 KBVery different from BrownShirts. Look no brown shirts, all black. Must be the good guys
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
We can only hope
I wonder what it will be called
BrainMan9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Probably not in Scotland
SoftGingerCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
brexitmas
Burton Bridge
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Fair enough I think we agree on the main points. And you're right this whole mess we currently are in is because of Cameron.
Its because of the Conservatives the conservatives are to blame to for the EU mess. I'm sorry but it just is, they took us in, they integrated us further and they played Russian roulette style game to win votes with no thought of what might happen if they get the wrong result. Cameron did it in 2014 as well.

It's amazing how we have made it our issue, I mean that's snatching defeat from the laws of victory, if I've ever saw it.
AnonymousNoMore
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Its because of the Conservatives the conservatives are to blame to for the EU mess. I'm sorry but it just is, they took us in, they integrated us further and they played Russian roulette style game to win votes with no thought of what might happen if they get the wrong result. Cameron did it in 2014 as well.

It's amazing how we have made it our issue, I mean that's snatching defeat from the laws of victory, if I've ever saw it.
The problem is the political system at the moment is full with people who I have no hope for, Boris is just a clown, corbyns gone, although I didn't like him and his policies, and the rest just to be honest are irrelevant.
BrainMan9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

To be homest all this would happen soon or later anyway.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
brexitmas
Nah "brexit" evokes negative thoughts. Brexit in the name is a pisstake lol.

Maybe...National Leave Day lol or...National EU Remembrance Day. Nah...too apologetic lol

National Republic Day
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (364)
67.03%
No (179)
32.97%

Watched Threads