Struggling with mental health Watch

TylerB91
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey everyone,

I'm in year 11 and I'm being bullied over my image. I've always struggled with body confidence but about 4 months ago i became the target of bullies. I'm looking for advice on how to overcome it and share experinces with others who have been through this too and how you felt so I don't feel so alone in this. Thanks.
WhisperWillow
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TylerB91)
Hey everyone,

I'm in year 11 and I'm being bullied over my image. I've always struggled with body confidence but about 4 months ago i became the target of bullies. I'm looking for advice on how to overcome it and share experinces with others who have been through this too and how you felt so I don't feel so alone in this. Thanks.
I’m sorry for how you’ve been treated, that’s horrible. However I only know the unhealthy ways to sort it out from personal experience I’ve done a lot.

I suggest getting more confident in yourself and in turn you will care about their opinion less. Obviously this isn’t an overnight process. This takes time.
For starters I would report the pain suspects to the head of year. Don’t undermine anything they’ve done, make a list of every little comment and remark they’ve made with vague saws and tell them all to a person in charge or someone who can do something in your school.
Secondly if you’re not okay with your image do what you can to be either healthier or more confident.
If you don’t mind me asking what is it about your image they’ve been bullying, I might be able to help a little more if you’d want?
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TylerB91)
Hey everyone,

I was bullied in secondary too. Almost every year of that five year period. Mainly because they could treat me like dirt they did. Whilst I've never been attacked for my body appearance I have been attacked for just me being me. Bullies are perfectionists; there's nothing one can do to please them without harming oneself in the process. And that's the point; you don't need changing at all. They need to change and it sounds like they are shoving THEIR problems onto you. Be happy with who you are! Also if you haven't reported these people (you can always anonymously), avoid them at all costs. In class stay near the teacher which I think is a huge preventative tool. Outside of class keep your distance from these people and maybe even ask the teachers to keep an eye out for you both in and outside of class; again very preventative and if they get caught the teacher saw them so there's no 'snitch' business from their point of view. I hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (484)
59.53%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.29%
No- I want it (232)
28.54%
No- I don't want it (54)
6.64%

Watched Threads