The Student Room Group

MSc Pre Registration Physiotherapy 2020

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone on the waiting list for Kings college and heard anything yet?
Reply 41
Original post by mhslew21

Could be wrong but if on waiting list you may not hear until people reject offers from other unis etc which probably won't be till June time I'd imagine.
Reply 42
Original post by SG1998
Hi! I had my Skype interview for Birmingham yesterday and received this email shortly afterwards:

"Following your interview we would like to recommend you for a provisional place on MSc Physiotherapy Programme September 2020.
Please note that is conditional until you have met all the admissions conditions. You will receive official communication from Central Admissions once all checks have been completed. Admissions turnaround time is around 20 working days. Please let me know
if you wish to accept this offer ahead of official confirmation from Central Admissions."

Just wondering if you received the same? As other universities have specifically said we would like to offer you a conditional place etc.

Thank you! :smile:

Hi,
Can I ask how your skype interview went and how it differs from in person interviews as some universities ask you to complete tasks in-person ?
Well done on being offered a place :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by NU_123
Hi,
Can I ask how your skype interview went and how it differs from in person interviews as some universities ask you to complete tasks in-person ?
Well done on being offered a place

Thank you!
I found it was really relaxed, the interviewers were lovely and you could tell they wanted you to do well and didn't try and catch you out on anything. I still had the normal 3 tasks (role play where you attempt to calm down the customer, present information on a specific condition that you are given in advance, and commenting on a video of a physiotherapist- what they did well and not so well etc.). So nothing to worry about!
Is anyone concerned about the current situation affecting us starting the course in September?
Original post by 2brownlucie2
Is anyone concerned about the current situation affecting us starting the course in September?

Yes i am quite concerned!

Yes I am. I emailed my uni and they said as of right now nothing has been changed but obviously considering what is happening, if anything changes they’ll let us know.

But, a positive for studying Physiotherapy is the small class sizes. Especially for masters, so if courses do start as planned, I’d think a lot of unis would be able to maintain social distancing in classes if need be. 😅 that’s like the only positive I can think of right now
Reply 47
Original post by SG1998
Thank you!
I found it was really relaxed, the interviewers were lovely and you could tell they wanted you to do well and didn't try and catch you out on anything. I still had the normal 3 tasks (role play where you attempt to calm down the customer, present information on a specific condition that you are given in advance, and commenting on a video of a physiotherapist- what they did well and not so well etc.). So nothing to worry about!

Thank you, that is really re-assuring and helpful. It doesn't sound too different from face to face interviews really !
Original post by mhslew21

Going by what happened to me last year, if you’re on the waiting list you probably won’t hear anything else from them until results day. Although not sure how results day is working now with corona around. I didn’t get a place on the masters but got offered a place for the undergrad. (OH sorry forgot to mention at the top that this was for Essex uni 😅)
Hi, great to know someone firming Birmingham. I was offered by Birmingham as well last month, it's my top choice so I accepted it right away. Working on the DBS right now (I'm an international student so I found the process quite difficult). Anyway nice to connect!
Hi there, I have had offers from both Oxford Brookes and Birmingham (interviews were in March after applying in December). I have now firmed Birmingham to start in September all going well. Has anyone applied for funding yet - bit unsure which route we take as know its the same as undergrad

Hi, great to know someone firming Birmingham. I was offered by Birmingham as well last month, it's my top choice so I accepted it right away. Working on the DBS right now (I'm an international student so I found the process quite difficult). Anyway nice to connect!
Reply 51
Hi,

A quick update. I got offered a place for the MSc Pre Reg at MMU, though this was just via email on the 4th of this month. Still waiting for my formal offer, have yet to receive it. Does anyone know the time frame on when they actually get back for the formal offer?
Thank you
Reply 52
Original post by UKhan321
Hi,

A quick update. I got offered a place for the MSc Pre Reg at MMU, though this was just via email on the 4th of this month. Still waiting for my formal offer, have yet to receive it. Does anyone know the time frame on when they actually get back for the formal offer?
Thank you

I’m thinking of applying to mmu, do you have any advice for the application process at all? Any tips would be great!
Hi,

I have offer for physio Msc from both kings and st George's but unsure which to decide, feel like kings has a good reputation but st geroges may be better for physio, its hard to pick without actually visiting either uni atm, anyone else here picked either of these uni's, and if so why?

Thank you!
For people starting Physiotherapy this year, what resources have you used to start learning anatomy and physiology? Any advice on how to tackle it 😅
Hello,Does anyone know how funding works in Scotland for MSc pre reg physiotherapy?
Reply 56
hi all! I'm doing the pre reg physiotherapy msc at Coventry University! is anyone else ?? :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by UKhan321
Hi,
Congratulations on your offer and good luck on the course! As Physiotherapy is an Allied Health Professions course you'll get full funding as if it was an undergraduate degree rather than a masters, so basically you'll get both years fully funded with a tuition and maintenance loan :smile: hope this helps

Hey! Do you know how you go about applying for the full funding? As I'm in my final year of Sports Therapy and Rehab undergrad and looking to do MSc Physiotherapy afterwards and I have been looking into student loans for masters and all I've seen is they give a maximum loan of £11K, plus the NHS grant now which is £5K Per academic year, but no maintenance loan for living costs- and the loans/grants just stated only just covers the tuition fees! I'm not quite sure what to do as I have to be able to afford living costs too.
I have asked a tutor of mine who has also done the MSc Physiotherapy and he said he took 3 years out before doing it and had to save £8K in order to be able to cover living costs! :frown:
Original post by Jayd98
Hey! Do you know how you go about applying for the full funding? As I'm in my final year of Sports Therapy and Rehab undergrad and looking to do MSc Physiotherapy afterwards and I have been looking into student loans for masters and all I've seen is they give a maximum loan of £11K, plus the NHS grant now which is £5K Per academic year, but no maintenance loan for living costs- and the loans/grants just stated only just covers the tuition fees! I'm not quite sure what to do as I have to be able to afford living costs too.
I have asked a tutor of mine who has also done the MSc Physiotherapy and he said he took 3 years out before doing it and had to save £8K in order to be able to cover living costs! :frown:

Hey, best of luck in your applications. Physiotherapy is under AHP, so you’re more than likely entitled to apply for student finance as if you were an undergrad. So you can apply for the tuition fee and maintenance loan package. However, some universities don’t do the funding this way, so I’d say it’s best to check with each individual university you choose to look at and/or apply for. I’ve just started at Essex and I’ve got student finance as if I were an undergrad student. Hope this helps :smile:
Hello,

Just a quick question for scottish students studying in scotland for the msc pre reg physiotherapy. How are you paying for your fees? as the saas loan barely covers one year of fees.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending