Shamima Begum, convicted terrorist, loses British citizenship Watch

ukrj
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BrainMan9)
She was a sharia law enforcer and she was stitching together suicide vests... pure gold
Since she likes Sharia so much maybe she should be tried in a Sharia court over there. I mean, she probably helped to kill other Muslims. What's the Sharia penalty for such crimes ... ?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
Whilst the gallows is an attractive solution for terrorists, you run the risk of making them martyrs
people trot out this line as if it was some big deal. let them become martyrs.... big woop
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by the bear)
people trot out this line as if it was some big deal. let them become martyrs.... big woop
Even if we ignore that, I'm sure most terrorists would rather have a quick hanging then life in solitary.

Keep them in solitary for life, with only bread and water and the bare necessities, and keep them alive as long as possible. Let them suffer; it is only fair after what crimes they have committed against Britain.
BrainMan9
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Whilst the gallows is an attractive solution for terrorists, you run the risk of making them martyrs, with all the propaganda and (according to Sunni Muslim theology) 72 virgins that entails.
This is why we have drones and 500kg laser guided bombs. No body, no martyr
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Good
TheStupidMoon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BrainMan9)
She was a sharia law enforcer and she was stitching together suicide vests... pure gold
As a terror in this country or an enemy combatant in another. People throw around the label terror for anything these days.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was satirising Channel 4 being lefties by using a lefty slogan ”Tory Scum” in a sarcastic way.

I got a posting tip for referring to a human being with a penis, a beard and XY chromosomes as ”he” whilst someone in that thread got away with making anti-Catholic remarks of the ”FeNiAn PaEdOs” variety.

Funny old world, innit?

Whilst the gallows is an attractive solution for terrorists, you run the risk of making them martyrs, with all the propaganda and (according to Sunni Muslim theology) 72 virgins that entails.

Build a detention centre on the Shetland Islands, and give all terrorists, whether they be Islamic, far-right, far-left, dissident republican or eco-terrorist, and for whatever terrorist offenses, the same sentence. Give them all life, without chance of parole and in solitary confinement, and only given the necessities of life - medical treatment, bread and water, a small cell and enough heat to keep them from freezing to death.

If this were to be implemented, and police were commanded only to shoot terrorists with effective tranquilisers and then take them to this detention centre, I feel that Daesh, al-Shabab, National Action, Class War and the Animal Liberation Front would very quickly shut up shop.
Martyrdom is only dangerous if your enemy is equal. I have no qualms with executing those who’s sympathies drive them to extremism.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by NotNotBatman)
I hear this word "radicalised" a lot thrown about on the news. If that's what caused her to join this group ( being radicalised in Britain), then why shouldn't Britain deal with the problem? Rather than throwing her away to Bangladesh I think it was? She wasn't "radicalised" (if that's even a thing in the sense that it's used in the news) in Bangladesh, now they have to deal with her; yeah good for us, but it's unscrupulous to dump your problems on another country.
It's easy to feel emotion and I initially thought good leave the ***** there, but actions taken in these circumstances aren't supposed to determined by emotions but by austere, rigid rules.
On the other hand, with the lack of security in British prisons, I fear that her returning will create devastating consequences, with years in the failed Daesh, her connections to terrorists who exist in this country can cost lives. But there should be measures to prevent that, however I have little confidence that this country will prevent that with how they've treated terrorists in the past; it's almost always someone who was under surveillance or let out early or something.
What you seem to fail to understand is the difference between being radicalised in Britain and being radicalised whilst living in Britain, have you heard of this new internet thing? Apparently you can speak to people in different countries, amazing **** right??
This is the problem with liberal, peacenick, apologist types, the failure to see that some people are murderous ***** that deserve our incredulity when it comes to their " terrible upbringing" , **** her, **** Abu Al Hamza, **** Gerry Adams and all of their ilk, they have never deserved any sympathy and the majority of normal thinking people know it.
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
What you seem to fail to understand is the difference between being radicalised in Britain and being radicalised whilst living in Britain, have you heard of this new internet thing? Apparently you can speak to people in different countries, amazing **** right??
So, what's your point? How is this an argument against anything I've said. It's just a lot of words with no substance. My point was clearly that it shouldn't be Bangladesh's responsibility (which is the reason they gave so that she doesn't become stateless).
You then say she was radicalised in Britain whilst speaking to people in other countries; this doesn't show responsibility of Bangladesh.

This is the problem with liberal, peacenick, apologist types, the failure to see that some people are murderous ***** that deserve our incredulity when it comes to their " terrible upbringing" , **** her, **** Abu Al Hamza, **** Gerry Adams and all of their ilk, they have never deserved any sympathy and the majority of normal thinking people know it.

It's easy to detect from the tone of my post that I don't show sympathy for her, she's a terrorist, but with I do show empathy for the country Bangladesh. Because the decision was made,on paper, that she should lose British citizenship because of the fact that she had another citizenship there. There are other strategical reasons for this.
Your response is why we have representational democracy rather than total democracy in most western countries, because rather than working with rigid laws, you want to work based on your emotions to the situation, which are reasonable.

It's funny that you write in such a condescending tone without addressing any of the points I have made.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Oh dear, how sad.

I look forward to Channel 4 presenting her as a poor girl who was persuaded to join Daesh by EvUl ToRy ScUm.
Gotta blame someone
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by NotNotBatman)
So, what's your point? How is this an argument against anything I've said. It's just a lot of words with no substance. My point was clearly that it shouldn't be Bangladesh's responsibility (which is the reason they gave so that she doesn't become stateless).
You then say she was radicalised in Britain whilst speaking to people in other countries; this doesn't show responsibility of Bangladesh.

It's easy to detect from the tone of my post that I don't show sympathy for her, she's a terrorist, but with I do show empathy for the country Bangladesh. Because the decision was made,on paper, that she should lose British citizenship because of the fact that she had another citizenship there. There are other strategical reasons for this.
Your response is why we have representational democracy rather than total democracy in most western countries, because rather than working with rigid laws, you want to work based on your emotions to the situation, which are reasonable.

It's funny that you write in such a condescending tone without addressing any of the points I have made.
I did address the point, she can forget her British citizenship or any claim to being in whatever country she tries to get into, she can just rot in some ISIS camp in Syria waiting for the drones to come and get her for all I care, she made her bed and has shown absolutely no remorse for what she has done.
These types of people are not worth any kind of effort.
ukrj
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
I did address the point, she can forget her British citizenship or any claim to being in whatever country she tries to get into, she can just rot in some ISIS camp in Syria waiting for the drones to come and get her for all I care, she made her bed and has shown absolutely no remorse for what she has done.
These types of people are not worth any kind of effort.
I agree with your sentiments. In fact we should follow international law. She was in Syria, still a UN recognised country, and fought alongside terrorists. Here crimes were committed in Syria and therefore she should be handed to the Syrians for trial. The Syrian can deal with her.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (378)
67.26%
No (184)
32.74%

Watched Threads