Students.

The mystery ends there.
animals
Evelyn34
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'd post on that snapchat saying something along the lines of (sarcasm) "what nice mannered people I bet your parents forgot to teach you manners or so"
forgotten_one
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Evelyn34)
I'd post on that snapchat saying something along the lines of (sarcasm) "what nice mannered people I bet your parents forgot to teach you manners or so"
that's the worst comeback I've ever heard
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so yesterday they did something truly disgusting. they rubbed a toilet brush on my plates without me knowing. I only found out because I saw it on someone story. im actually scared of them
Seriously? Get the hell out. Record any evidence. They are committing a serious criminal offence apart from any other consideration. If someone did that to me, I would go to the police.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
so I haven't got along with my flatmates since day 1. they use my stuff, eat my stuff and play music really late. I don't really fit in the group. I have tried to ask to move rooms but their are no free rooms. they also once smashed eggs on my door

so yesterday they did something truly disgusting. they rubbed a toilet brush on my plates without me knowing. I only found out because I saw it on someone story. im actually scared of them
This is bullying lodge a formal complaint with the uni and notify the SU.

People are gunna be in situations where they dont get along but this is crossing the line, I dont know if you'd be able to put together a reasonable civil litigation as you would have to prove financial damage but regardless this is unacceptable, the uni should take some action.
David Getling
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
so I haven't got along with my flatmates since day 1. they use my stuff, eat my stuff and play music really late. I don't really fit in the group. I have tried to ask to move rooms but their are no free rooms. they also once smashed eggs on my door

The trouble is proving it, and it's several people's word against yours. Moving is probably the best option. Also, the Americans have a saying: don't get mad, get even. In your situation I'd be contemplating putting some nice strong laxative in my some of my food. Then if they steal it they get a well deserved payback.
Anonymous #5
Report 2 weeks ago

That's not right man. These people have issues and it's not your fault. Speak to the teacher or uni landlord. I would suggest keeping as much of your stiff in your own room and keeping it away from them as much as possible. Also you can document what they do aswell by taking pictures and recording them basing music really late and by making the time of day obvious in the video. These people have issues like wtf who does that to someone's plate. I hope this helped and wish you well
emily_000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

yes you can sue them if you have evidence.

Speak to your university about it, show them the evidence that you have and ask them to put you somewhere else. In a different flat.

However if they were mentally ill for example at the time of the "crime" then no you cannot sue them. As they will use that as a defence. (I gave you an example of one of the defences that they can use)
Last edited by emily_000; 2 weeks ago
Kutie Karen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
OP- where are you with this problem now? Have you sorted it out now. Kinda of worried about you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (497)
59.81%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.17%
No- I want it (235)
28.28%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.74%

Watched Threads