Needing glasses Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi , my prescription at the moment is-0.25 and I am 15 years old , I am currently revising for my exams and my vision has got worse - next time I go to the opticians is there a possibility I will need to wear glasses all the time due to needing to sit at the front in every lesson where the board is still a bit blurry
GatoMessi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi , my prescription at the moment is-0.25 and I am 15 years old , I am currently revising for my exams and my vision has got worse - next time I go to the opticians is there a possibility I will need to wear glasses all the time due to needing to sit at the front in every lesson where the board is still a bit blurry
Yes you should go to the opticians to have your eyes tested. There are nothing wrong with wearing glasses.
Astraea56
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I have a similar prescription to you and was told to wear my glasses whenever they would help me (if the thing I'm trying to look at is blurry) to avoid straining my eyes and making my vision worse. However, you shouldn't wear them literally all the time because looking at something close up (eg reading a book) with your glasses on will also strain your eyes. Looking at revision close up for hours can make your vision temporarily worse though, and it might recover when you finish revising, so make sure to tell your optician what you have been doing in case it affects your prescription. To avoid permanently affecting your eyes I heard you should follow the 20/20/20 rule: every 20 minutes of looking at something up close, get up and focus on something at least 20 metres away for 20 seconds.
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Go get them tested
Up to you how much you where them. You may find you only need it in class but there is nothing wrong with wearing them 24/7
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GatoMessi)
Yes you should go to the opticians to have your eyes tested. There are nothing wrong with wearing glasses.
The last time I had my eyes tested was November and I was -0.25 but since I am 15 and am studying I have noticed that I have had to move my head closer to the work as otherwise that and the board is a blur
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
Go get them tested
Up to you how much you where them. You may find you only need it in class but there is nothing wrong with wearing them 24/7
Something I would struggle with is that it is like little windows - I haven’t worn glasses before
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Astraea56)
I have a similar prescription to you and was told to wear my glasses whenever they would help me (if the thing I'm trying to look at is blurry) to avoid straining my eyes and making my vision worse. However, you shouldn't wear them literally all the time because looking at something close up (eg reading a book) with your glasses on will also strain your eyes. Looking at revision close up for hours can make your vision temporarily worse though, and it might recover when you finish revising, so make sure to tell your optician what you have been doing in case it affects your prescription. To avoid permanently affecting your eyes I heard you should follow the 20/20/20 rule: every 20 minutes of looking at something up close, get up and focus on something at least 20 metres away for 20 seconds.
Great advice !
Astraea56
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Kathy89)
Great advice !
Thank you, I'm new here so that's nice to hear
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (343)
60.49%
Yes- I don't like it (29)
5.11%
No- I want it (155)
27.34%
No- I don't want it (40)
7.05%

Watched Threads