goldenpoop
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Medikj)
Apart from updates on the portal and UCAS, has anyone who got an offer received an email from ARU?
Received one this morning
schoolsuxs
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ibs007861)
Hi, does anyone know if there will be an offer holder day?
they don’t do offer holder days for medicine😕
Lozc3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by schoolsuxs)
they don’t do offer holder days for medicine😕
Oh really that’s annoying
schoolsuxs
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yea the only thing is campus tours every wednesday or an open day :/
Ty600
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm stuck on wether to firm aru or Exeter, any ideas? Chelmsford is must closer to me as I live on the edge of east london, but Exeter is a much more established medical school with more information out there.
Lozc3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ty600)
I'm stuck on wether to firm aru or Exeter, any ideas? Chelmsford is must closer to me as I live on the edge of east london, but Exeter is a much more established medical school with more information out there.
Yeah me too, I have an offer for HYMS but I prefer ARU.
Ty600
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lozc3)
Yeah me too, I have an offer for HYMS but I prefer ARU.
That's the issue with applying to new medical schools I guess.
Lozc3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ty600)
That's the issue with applying to new medical schools I guess.
Yeah. The facilities at ARU look really good, you can stay in the accommodation for the 5 years and all the students I spoke to seemed to love the course. I think there are many benefits of going to ARU.
Ty600
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Exeter give you £1000 if you get AAA right at the start tbh that's the only thing that's making this a dilemma, other than that, I'm almost deffo gonna firm ARU.
goldenpoop
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ty600)
Exeter give you £1000 if you get AAA right at the start tbh that's the only thing that's making this a dilemma, other than that, I'm almost deffo gonna firm ARU.
Imo the £1k is irrelevant loll. Go with the school more suited to you.
Lozc3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ty600)
Aha I think ARU offers a few bursary’s
rvs1726
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Aru gives £1000 if you get 3 A - but not for medicine 😞
schoolsuxs
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have an offer for the 6 year course at nottingham and am in a bit of a pickle bc if they have spaces on the 5 year course on results day then they’d transfer me on it which is what I would like but ofc there’s no guarantee and I do quite like ARU & it’s a LOT more closer rather than nottingham so there’s also the accommodation money, kinda unsure since i liked both of the uni’s
goldenpoop
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by schoolsuxs)
I have an offer for the 6 year course at nottingham and am in a bit of a pickle bc if they have spaces on the 5 year course on results day then they’d transfer me on it which is what I would like but ofc there’s no guarantee and I do quite like ARU & it’s a LOT more closer rather than nottingham so there’s also the accommodation money, kinda unsure since i liked both of the uni’s
Plus you’ll be paying the fees for an extra year of medicine. If notts isn’t your dream uni and you have another offer for a five year course, you may potentially regret picking it. It’s up to you tho.
BHSC
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I emailed about the offer holder day and got told there is a day on the 30th of June for everyone who has firmed ARU from 10am to 3pm, if that helps anyone. Obviously means we somehow need to make a decision without going to an offer holder day :confused:
Medikj
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by BHSC)
I emailed about the offer holder day and got told there is a day on the 30th of June for everyone who has firmed ARU from 10am to 3pm, if that helps anyone. Obviously means we somehow need to make a decision without going to an offer holder day :confused:
I guess so. I suppose their main intent is that of letting new students get to know each other before September. I also heard they have open days every week, but I’m pretty sure that isn’t true, every week seems a bit too much to me. But maybe they do have open days, just not as many, and you actually can visit the school before you make your decision
star1812
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You can arrange campus tours on Wednesday’s x
goldenpoop
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by BHSC)
Yeah I think they sent that email out to everyone x
LittleBacon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
ARU does have a lot of open days. I went to one before my interview and it was really nice. The university has a lot of well-equipped facilities and the staff is very welcoming.
studygirl300
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Anyone know the accommodation cost in ARU?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads