Which is easier singing or playing an instrument decently? Watch

Forgotten one
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Is it easier to learn to sing well or to learn to play an instrument well in less than a year (especially for GCSE Music). Also I have 0 knowledge on them both, I just need to be decent at them.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Depends. I'm inclined to say instrument.
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
In my personal opinion.
I would go singing.
Emman.78
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
In my opinion I’d say instrument but it really depends. Some may say instruments like the piano are easy to learn but I’d still say they are harder because of how they are extremely difficult to master.
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you can sing then singing, if you can't sing then not singing because I don't think it's something that can be learned unlike playing an instrument.
Lyndsey.95
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Personally I'd go for singing
remussjhj01
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Speak to your music teacher and see what they recommend.
I play instruments and sing. For me singing is normally easier (I can sing grade 8 pieces and play grade 8 pieces on guitar, but it's less time consuming to learn a piece for vocals), but I just can sing. Singing is normally something you either can or can't do in my experience.
Maybe sing a piece for your teacher and see what they think. It's also worth keeping in mind that you only have to play two pieces for your GCSE performance, and they only have to be grade 3 standard. I reckon you could start basically any instrument now and as long as you were dedicated and didn't keep changing your mind about what pieces you want to do, you would be ready by the end of the two years.
I would advise doing what you want to do. If you think you'll enjoy playing an instrument, it's worth doing, even if you can sing as well. Then you'll just be able to do more things, which is good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (475)
59.38%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.38%
No- I want it (229)
28.63%
No- I don't want it (53)
6.63%

Watched Threads