hallaluliah
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
How does it work? i mean u do the a level maths content at AS level, do u get ur a level maths grade? then at A2 level, do the exam for further maths, then do u get the grade at the end? or is it learning a level maths in the first year, with fm in the second and get all the exams at the end?
idk if yall get me, :confused:
Kadams27
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Depends on how your school decides to do it.
Some schools do maths and further maths alongside each other, so you'll do the AS content for both courses in year 12 and then do all the exams at the end of the course in year 13 (A levels now linear so all exams at end of course, AS no longer counts towards full A level)
Other schools decide to do the whole of A level maths in year 12 so you do the full a level maths exams in y12, then the whole of further maths at end of year 13, with FM exams at end of year
Mona123456
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by hallaluliah)
How does it work? i mean u do the a level maths content at AS level, do u get ur a level maths grade? then at A2 level, do the exam for further maths, then do u get the grade at the end? or is it learning a level maths in the first year, with fm in the second and get all the exams at the end?
idk if yall get me, :confused:
As Kadams27 points out there are two ways of doing it:

Maths and Further Maths parallel alongside each other, i.e. you learn Maths Year 1 and Further Maths Year 1 stuff in Year 12, then Year 2 content in Year 13 and take all exams in Year 13.

Or some bigger schools do all of Maths Year 1 and Year 2 in Year 12 and then Further Maths Year 1 and Year 2 content in Year 13. Now, as Kadams27 says, sometimes your school will make you sit the full A Level exams for Maths in Year 12 if you’ve done the full course in a year, but usually as far as I’m aware you don’t and you actually take them in Year 13 with your other A Level exams, as Uni offer usually require you to take all your exams / A Levels in the same year, so you’re probably more likely not to take any external A Level exams until Year 13.

Ask your maths / further maths teachers for clarification if you’re still unsure.
hallaluliah
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
thanks yall, the school i wanna go to does a level maths content in y12 and all of FM in y13
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.06%
I'm not sure (59)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (387)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.81%
I'm not a current university student (648)
49.24%

Watched Threads