honeymoons
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have an upcoming interview for the Veterinary Gateway course at the RVC on the 22nd of February.

I received an email which stated some of the topics that are going to be assessed on the day all of which are related to competencies.

So it's going to be an MMI interview and then a group one too both of which don't test my academic knowledge.

I was just wondering if anyone has had one of these interviews before and how it went? did you get in? what would you recommend me doing right now?
123vet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi
I’m a current vet student (although not at RVC) and I just thought I’d weigh in - people are generally advised not to talk about interviews after they’ve had them, especially online. Unis can and do watch forums including this one - someone spilling details of their interview day indicates they can’t keep a confidentiality agreement.

That said, I can give a few general tips:
- Stay calm (interviews are rarely as scary as they seem )
- have a flick through some vet-related news: think about the big issues in the veterinary world today
- go over notes you made from work experience, think about the key moments - what was hard? What did you learn from it? How have your opinions/understanding changed?
- Research what they might mean by competencies (since they’ve told you this is what the tasks will relate to)

Sorry I can’t give any more specific advice
Good luck, I’m sure you’ll smash it xx
Rosecave
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Has anyone had an offer for RVC gateway yet
Zealousity
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Rosecave)
Has anyone had an offer for RVC gateway yet
I have received mine
Rosecave
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Zealousity)
I have received mine
I received mine on the 10th of March 🙂
Zealousity
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 20 hours ago
(Original post by Rosecave)
I received mine on the 10th of March 🙂
Would you like to join a groupchat full of people who have offers on snapchat?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (19)
79.17%
No (3)
12.5%
Not sure (2)
8.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise