I want to be signed off with stress and anxiety Watch

Dinosaur27
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I've gotten to the stage now where I can no longer stand work and want to be signed off with the above. I just dread going in. On my days off it's all i think about. I don't want to go into great detail but basically up until February 2019 we went a year with no manager in store (it's retail). I was basically left in charge (although colleagues were taking all the credit) and doing way above double my contracted hours. we finally got a manager (who is frankly crap) and at no point has anyone said thank you or offered me more contracted hours or extra responsiblity. Yet 2 other people have been offered more contracted hours in that time. I'm still doing all the extra hours, to the point it's now gotten to where I don't even know what my regular shifts are supposed to be. I know if I raise these issues I'll just get looked at funny or brushed off. It feels like everyone else has there own set schedules but I'm not important. I'm just so anxious all the time I feel as even customers are laughing at me. On my days off (which could be any day of the week) it's all that's on my mind. I can barely even get out of bed and struggle to get motivated to do anything. Would a doctor sign me off if I told him all this? Problem too is i dread to think what everyone at work would say.
Last edited by Interrobang; 3 weeks ago
rreilly
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey, Dinosaur27. This sounds awful. Yes, a doctor would take you seriously.

I found myself in a similar situation a couple of years ago. My doctor signed me off for three months, told me my job wasn’t good enough for me and told me to use the sick leave to job search for a better one.

Please make an appointment ASAP to speak to your GP. It’s OK to not be OK and it’s OK to ask for help. There are people who care about you, never forget that. If you’re rota’d on this weekend, phone in sick. Don’t feel guilty about it. Your mental health comes first.

Please post again and let me know how you get on at the docs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (491)
59.59%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.22%
No- I want it (234)
28.4%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.8%

Watched Threads