Court of Appeal = Immigrants Awarded Citizenship are less British than the Natives Watch

Tolgarda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
I'd be interested to see the text from the ruling that suggests what's being outlined in the OP.

I'm curious to know why you felt the need to include the word Caucasian here when it doesn't seem necessary at all?
Because, and do correct me if I'm wrong here, Britain is mainly an ethnically white country? I think I phrased my original comment poorly though. I did mean the natives.

I don't want to say that white skin is the sole factor. I'm definitely not 'White British'. I am 'White Other'.
Last edited by Tolgarda; 2 weeks ago
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So the US born Prime Minister Mr Johnson is less British than those born in the UK such as myself?
WoodlandSorcerer
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
She’s in a weird position. The notion that she’s entitled to Bangladeshi citizenship is frankly a farce. She wasn’t born there, has never lived there and can’t speak Bengali. Moreover, Bangladesh have already said they’re not giving her citizenship. Yes, she’s a terrorist but I do believe she should be brought back to Britain to face charges and then spend her life behind bars. And Shamima isn’t an immigrant, she was born in the UK and is/was a British citizen by birth.
Last edited by WoodlandSorcerer; 2 weeks ago
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
So the US born Prime Minister Mr Johnson is less British than those born in the UK such as myself?
I am more worried that another New York born politician is entitled to claim British citizenship (this is a right to claim; he is not currently a British citizen) and one could certainly foresee reasons why he might decide to do so next January.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by nulli tertius)
I am more worried that another New York born politician is entitled to claim British citizenship (this is a right to claim; he is not currently a British citizen) and one could certainly foresee reasons why he might decide to do so next January.
Fair point, though I think the reasons probably will come in January 2025.
Pinkisk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
I hold dual citizenship and i know for a fact this wont effect me unless i decided to be a terrorist or do some other heinous crime, in which case i deserve it.
I can also confirm im lily white.
Not everything wrong in this world is going to affect you. I do not think this is a right way of looking at the problem. Is this punishment fit for her crimes? no, not in any way shape or form. Being a dual national does not make you any less british and this judgment says that you are less british if you are a dual national. This for the majority of ethnic minorities in this country who have dual nationality means that they are less british.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Tolgarda)
Because, and do correct me if I'm wrong here, Britain is mainly an ethnically white country? I think I phrased my original comment poorly though. I did mean the natives.

I don't want to say that white skin is the sole factor. I'm definitely not 'White British'. I am 'White Other'.
If you mean the natives then only certain residents of Cornwall and Wales would be British by your logic. The rest of us are a mixture of Roman, German/Dane, French and Irish; or in Scotland, Norweigian.
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
If you mean the natives then only certain residents of Cornwall and Wales would be British by your logic. The rest of us are a mixture of Roman, German/Dane, French and Irish; or in Scotland, Norweigian.
Well, technically, yes.
Last edited by Tolgarda; 2 weeks ago
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Tolgarda)
Well, technically yes.
I'm glad you agree. So as you can see, the whole concept of Nativity is deeply flawed and in many globalised countries (including Britain, France, USA, Australia) the majority of citizens and in some cases 100% of government leaders are no Native.

You were correct to say that Britain is majority white ethnicity. I don't really think that ought to factor in to national identity though.
Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's obvious really. Native Brits has citizenship as a right. Immigrant Brits have it as a privilege and when it's abused that privilege disappears. Begum abused her citizenship and rightfully had it stripped. If the courts ever rule it should be returned to her, the government should order a drone strike to stop her returning. Begum should never be allowed to step foot in any British territory ever again.
999tigger
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Pinkisk)
Not everything wrong in this world is going to affect you. I do not think this is a right way of looking at the problem. Is this punishment fit for her crimes? no, not in any way shape or form. Being a dual national does not make you any less british and this judgment says that you are less british if you are a dual national. This for the majority of ethnic minorities in this country who have dual nationality means that they are less british.
Have you stopped waving the race card around and admit you made a proper tit of yourself?
The question is if its legal. If it is then the overwhelming public opinion is she not be allowed back to the UK and if removing her citizenship is a way to do it, then so be it. Entirely appropriate the UK doesnt have to pay hundreds of thousands of pounds to keep her when that could be better spent elsewhere and it also removed any threat she may pose in the future. Being a dual national does make you different because you owe or can have allegiance to two countries and not one.
Occitanie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Its racist because a white British person committing the same exact crime as this woman would not be liable for this same punishment. Its law that is unequal. Its law that treats citizens of the same country differently based on nothing but their genetic heritage, their ancestry. Its racist.

What does this decision by the court appeal tell us? That native citizenship is superior to immigrant citizenship, that white citizenship is superior to brown citizenship. Its not only racist its xenophobic.
BULL****.

For instance, a white man/woman with a Polish background had committed the same acts, they would be deported, and you have absolutely no proof otherwise.

Stop being disingenuous and stop resorting to racism and xenophobia.
Occitanie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Surnia)
The British Government stripped white British man Jack Letts of his citizenship

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...mp/uk-49385376
Pinkisk

You’re an apologist, nothing more.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Well duh, but seeing as there is nothing wrong here your point seems moot.
Of course it fits her crimes? If anything it was too lax in that she wasnt droned.
Just my opinion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
"Oh dear, how sad, never mind." 😆
Pinkisk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
Well duh, but seeing as there is nothing wrong here your point seems moot.
Of course it fits her crimes? If anything it was too lax in that she wasnt droned.
I disagree. I think there is a lot wrong here.

They gave her a punishment that is based on nothing but her ethnicity. This is something that they can't do to natives. This is a fundamentally ethnocentric punishment i.e. discriminatory. Additionally, it is in fundamental breach of the rule of law, one of the cornerstones of the unwritten constitution of this country, which is based on equality for all.

Another problem with this judgment is that it demonstrates the lack of trust that the government has in the judicial system in this country. This woman were she to be allowed back into this country would, under the law, most probably not be liable for any serious punishments. Thanks to our liberal judiciary, she would most likely be out on the streets as if she had done nothing wrong. I strongly believe that this decision was, in part, made because the government knows its judicial system is broken. It took this decision to prevent this woman from coming back and going unpunished. This judgment is the only way it could punish her.

We had a terrorist released from prison, just last week, after spending no time in prison, who went out and attempted to murder people. The liberal, British judicial system is broken, totally run by leftist extremists like Baroness Hale who spend most of their time in court whinging about white men and their privileges. I kid you not. I read one of her most recent cases and in it she whines about the privileges of white men and how good they have it relative to women in society and how harsh our judicial system is and how much more it needs to become liberal. The scariest thing about all of this is that our system, behind the scenes, is slowly changing from one where parliament is supreme to one where the unelected, leftist extremist judiciary is becoming equal in power if not more powerful. So in the future unelected leftists in positions of authority within our judiciary, unelected leftists like Baroness Hale are going to be ruling this country.
Last edited by Pinkisk; 2 weeks ago
nulli tertius
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

This is something that they can't do to native whites.
Yes of course they can. Take someone like Tony Blair's son Euan. He has Irish citizenship through his maternal grandmother. If he decides to join Al Qaeda, the Home Secretary can whip away his British Citizenship and then he is Dublin's problem.
Pinkisk
Rep:
?
(Original post by nulli tertius)
Yes of course they can. Take someone like Tony Blair's son Euan. He has Irish citizenship through his maternal grandmother. If he decides to join Al Qaeda, the Home Secretary can whip away his British Citizenship and then he is Dublin's problem.
As this punishment is entirely based on his ethnicity, it is ethnocentric, it is racist. Those who lack this dual ethnicity, are immune to this punishment. This punishment is unequal. It is fundamentally racist.
Last edited by Pinkisk; 2 weeks ago
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I disagree. I think there is a lot wrong here.

They gave her a punishment that is based on nothing but her ethnicity. This is something that they can't do to natives. This is a fundamentally ethnocentric punishment i.e. discriminatory. Additionally, it is in fundamental breach of the rule of law, one of the cornerstones of the unwritten constitution of this country, which is based on equality for all.
Her ethnicity is immaterial here. Especially seeing as theyve stripped the citizenship of "natives".
Another problem with this judgment is that it demonstrates the lack of trust that the government has in the judicial system in this country. This woman were she to be allowed back into this country would, under the law, most probably not be liable for any serious punishments. Thanks to our liberal judiciary, she would most likely be out on the streets as if she had done nothing wrong. I strongly believe that this decision was, in part, made because the government knows its judicial system is broken. It took this decision to prevent this woman from coming back and going unpunished. This judgment is the only way it could punish her.
This is a rather seperate issue as it is perfectly true that under our current legal system it would be extremely hard to prosecute her. Especially given her crimes were committed abroad.
However, my take away from this is that you think it should be prosecuted in Syria (and thus shot) ?
At any rate why on earth should or would the government allow such a dangerous individual as her back in?
We had a terrorist released from prison, just last week, after spending no time in prison, who went out and attempted to murder people. The liberal, British judicial system is broken, totally run by leftist extremists like Baroness Hale who spend most of their time in court whinging about white men and their privileges. I kid you not. I read one of her most recent cases and in it she whines about the privileges of white men and how good they have it relative to women in society and how harsh our judicial system is and how much more it needs to become liberal. The scariest thing about all of this is that our system, behind the scenes, is slowly changing from one where parliament is supreme to one where the unelected, leftist extremist judiciary is becoming equal in power. So in the future unelected leftists in positions of authority within our judiciary, unelected leftists like Baroness Hale are going to be ruling this country.
What an absolute load of drivel. Especially seeing as this has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

So what if theyre unelected? Thats rather the point of the judiciary in that it is independent.
At any rate i find it odd that youre complaining about so called racism and then going on a diatribe against those pesky "leftists"...
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Good
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (481)
59.46%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.32%
No- I want it (231)
28.55%
No- I don't want it (54)
6.67%

Watched Threads