Ryanosaur1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Can anybody tell me the complete process of student finance after you have submitted your application and sent birth certificate.

Like what else do they really have to check before you’re approved? I’m really confused about how and what they would have to check lol

Thanks guys
Shirohige
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ryanosaur1)
Can anybody tell me the complete process of student finance after you have submitted your application and sent birth certificate.

Like what else do they really have to check before you’re approved? I’m really confused about how and what they would have to check lol

Thanks guys
Hi

I think its pretty straight forward, if you applied for the maintenance not based on your parents it should be easy enough, but if you did ask to be assessed on them then it might still be all done ok unless they ask your parents for evidence.

When you sent your bith cert, did you send the accompanying like counter sig form?
Ryanosaur1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Shirohige)
Hi

I think its pretty straight forward, if you applied for the maintenance not based on your parents it should be easy enough, but if you did ask to be assessed on them then it might still be all done ok unless they ask your parents for evidence.

When you sent your bith cert, did you send the accompanying like counter sig form?
THanks for replying 🙂

I’m classed as an independent over 25 so will not need my parents for that, and no I did not I got told I didn’t have to send the countersign form despite me asking. I did get told though I can send this separately
Shirohige
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ryanosaur1)
THanks for replying 🙂

I’m classed as an independent over 25 so will not need my parents for that, and no I did not I got told I didn’t have to send the countersign form despite me asking. I did get told though I can send this separately
Ahh if over 25 then yeah it should be straight forward

Yeah if you send your original birth cert you should send the form, because they will request one if you haven't sent
You can also get from the gov.uk site anyway
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?