The Student Room Group

Exeter vs Cardiff vs Newcastle!!

So i’m applying for biomedical sciences and i’ve got offers for these unis at around the same grades (ABB-AAB). I haven’t visited any of them before, so if anyone has any experience of what uni is like there please let me know!

Some examples- social life, the quality of the course, typical class sizes, general chav density of the area
Will you be able to visit?
Original post by anakarinas
So i’m applying for biomedical sciences and i’ve got offers for these unis at around the same grades (ABB-AAB). I haven’t visited any of them before, so if anyone has any experience of what uni is like there please let me know!

Some examples- social life, the quality of the course, typical class sizes, general chav density of the area

"chav density" :biggrin: - you won't see that on any league table! You need to visit to assess it for yourself OP!
I dont know anything about chav density but here is my take for what it is worth. Exeter is a lovely beautiful campus university on the edge of the city. I assume that you are going to be studying in Exeter not Penryn. It is a smaller city but has a nice shopping area but it wont offer what Cardiff and I suspect Newcastle will offer. Cardiff is a much bigger city and offers everything a large city does in terms of shops, nightclubs, sporting facilities, concerts etc. The campus is bout 5 minutes walk to the centre. Its big drawback is that its accommodation is not on campus like Exeter's is. Newcastle I dont know about. It has a good reputation for nightlife, is between the size of Cardiff and Exeter but I doubt it will offer things like concerts to the same extent Cardiff does. I believe it is a city centre campus. It is highly unlikely anyone on here will be able to compare all 3 in detail. As has already been said go on visit days to each and come to your own conclusion based on your own preference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending