Georgia Medicine: New Vision University (SME) Watch

Sjjen3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello, I’m looking at studying Grad Entry Medicine in Tbilisi at NVU. I’m applying with Study Medicine Europe. I was just wondering if anybody else is considering NVU or if anyone has any reviews on SME?
young Mind
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know NVU is amongst one of the good universities in EU apparently when you apply with SME for NVU then your chances of admission get hiked because SME is the exclusive agency for NVU. however, I am going to Sofia MU in oct intake, feel free to pm me if you have any questions.
Sjjen3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by young Mind)
I know NVU is amongst one of the good universities in EU apparently when you apply with SME for NVU then your chances of admission get hiked because SME is the exclusive agency for NVU. however, I am going to Sofia MU in oct intake, feel free to pm me if you have any questions.
Thanks! That’s helpful, I think my main worry is the course at NVU vs GMC registration afterwards. But if SME are good then this helps with those fears.
Good luck in Sofia, I was considering going there myself a couple of years ago. 🙂
young Mind
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sjjen3)
Thanks! That’s helpful, I think my main worry is the course at NVU vs GMC registration afterwards. But if SME are good then this helps with those fears.
Good luck in Sofia, I was considering going there myself a couple of years ago. 🙂
Just to clear your doubts I want to tell you that student of NVU are accepted in GMC, because for an international medical school degree to be recognized by the GMC it has to meet 4 criteria:
- At-least 3 years of education in med school (undergrad is 6 years)
- In the world directory of medical schools (it is)
- Has at-least 5500 hours of clinical/study (it has)
- Is not specifically blacklisted by the GMC (it isn't)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads