Georgia Medicine: New Vision University (SME)

Watch
Sjjen3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, I’m looking at studying Grad Entry Medicine in Tbilisi at NVU. I’m applying with Study Medicine Europe. I was just wondering if anybody else is considering NVU or if anyone has any reviews on SME?
young Mind
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know NVU is amongst one of the good universities in EU apparently when you apply with SME for NVU then your chances of admission get hiked because SME is the exclusive agency for NVU. however, I am going to Sofia MU in oct intake, feel free to pm me if you have any questions.
Sjjen3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by young Mind)
I know NVU is amongst one of the good universities in EU apparently when you apply with SME for NVU then your chances of admission get hiked because SME is the exclusive agency for NVU. however, I am going to Sofia MU in oct intake, feel free to pm me if you have any questions.
Thanks! That’s helpful, I think my main worry is the course at NVU vs GMC registration afterwards. But if SME are good then this helps with those fears.
Good luck in Sofia, I was considering going there myself a couple of years ago. 🙂
young Mind
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sjjen3)
Thanks! That’s helpful, I think my main worry is the course at NVU vs GMC registration afterwards. But if SME are good then this helps with those fears.
Good luck in Sofia, I was considering going there myself a couple of years ago. 🙂
Just to clear your doubts I want to tell you that student of NVU are accepted in GMC, because for an international medical school degree to be recognized by the GMC it has to meet 4 criteria:
- At-least 3 years of education in med school (undergrad is 6 years)
- In the world directory of medical schools (it is)
- Has at-least 5500 hours of clinical/study (it has)
- Is not specifically blacklisted by the GMC (it isn't)
Medic_0007
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello, I’m looking at studying Grad Entry Medicine in Tbilisi at NVU. I’m applying with Study Medicine Europe. I was just wondering if anybody else is considering NVU or if anyone has any reviews on SME?
hi
I am a student at NVU
young Mind
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Medic_0007)
hi
I am a student at NVU
How you are finding it there ??? How is the environment you find there for the student and how's your experience with the teacher's there ?
Medic_0007
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by young Mind)
How you are finding it there ??? How is the environment you find there for the student and how's your experience with the teacher's there ?
hey
its ok nothing like uk but at the end of the day we get the medical degree.
The patient exposure isnt great and the teachers are very fourth coming for the most part.
The administration can be overwhelming at the start of each semester and can cause major headaches because they have so many students to deal with.
other than that ive met some amazing people here
magwuh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi , is it true that you can study online for most of the first year?Also that you can do your clinical rotations in the UK whilst studying there?
Sjjen3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by magwuh)
Hi , is it true that you can study online for most of the first year?Also that you can do your clinical rotations in the UK whilst studying there?
Yes and yes 😃 However the fees for U.K. rotations are a lot higher than studying in Georgia.
MedicsQueen
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by magwuh)
Yes, absolutely mate we can study online for most of the first year and yes NVU allows you to do the clinical rotations in the UK.
Tzar_brina
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Might anyone know where the UK clinical rotations and lectures are taking place? I'm applying to NVU this summer and I'm worried about GMC approval and getting a job in the UK after paying all those fees.
MedicsQueen
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Tzabrina)
Might anyone know where the UK clinical rotations and lectures are taking place? I'm applying to NVU this summer and I'm worried about GMC approval and getting a job in the UK after paying all those fees.
Don't worry about the GMC approval because I want to tell you that the student of NVU is accepted in GMC because for an international medical school degree to be recognized by the GMC it has to meet 4 criteria and NVU follow all the criteria perfectly.

- At least 3 years of education in med school (undergrad is 6 years)
- In the world directory of medical schools (it is)
- Has at least 5500 hours of clinical/study (it has)
- Is not specifically blacklisted by the GMC (it isn't)
Sjjen3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Tzabrina)
The links with the U.K. are London based. I’ll see if I can find the link, will add it when I do.

I had the same worry regarding the GMC but as it’s a case by case basis when applying from outside of the U.K. I just felt it ticked all the boxes it possibly can and just went for it. I’ll be relieved to see how the September cohort get on when they apply. I’m hoping all is okay.
Tzar_brina
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
The links with the U.K. are London based. I’ll see if I can find the link, will add it when I do.

I had the same worry regarding the GMC but as it’s a case by case basis when applying from outside of the U.K. I just felt it ticked all the boxes it possibly can and just went for it. I’ll be relieved to see how the September cohort get on when they apply. I’m hoping all is okay.
Ah thank you! It really was a leap of faith applying for me as well! but this is my only option for medicine and I love the idea of clinical rotations in London! Hopefully is works out for us and please do update if you find anything about the recent graduates and about studying in the UK!
Tzar_brina
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Medic_0007)
hey
its ok nothing like uk but at the end of the day we get the medical degree.
The patient exposure isnt great and the teachers are very fourth coming for the most part.
The administration can be overwhelming at the start of each semester and can cause major headaches because they have so many students to deal with.
other than that ive met some amazing people here
Hia, I applied for the bsc route at NVU. Do you know if the course structure is any different than direct entry other than the shorter amount of time? I’m wondering now, even though it’s a bit late to back out, if I’m missing anything by applying for the 2 month course instead of yearly such as lab sessions or patient exposure. Also can I ask about the course structure like is it all exam based or does it have elements of coursework and exams like the uk? Sorry for the questions I’m worried I made the wrong choice.
MedicsQueen
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
To obtain the GMC accreditation a university needs to be recognized by WHO and WDMS and NVU is recognized by both of the authorities. So I don't think that anyone will gonna face issues during the time GMC approval.
oreo524
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi Are you entry as a graduate entry with a 4 years course? Did you have a first degree before the medicine in NVU?
Al 1992
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi,

Hi, I will be starting with NVU this September for graduate 4 year entry. I will be doing the 1 year online in the UK then rotations most likely for the following 3 years in the UK if I can afford it. The reviews I've heard are good regarding reliability and entry, with only issues with organising dates. I've found I had to probe alot for further information, I.e. credit value of each subject, start date, exam dates etc.
oreo524
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Al 1992)
Hi,

Hi, I will be starting with NVU this September for graduate 4 year entry. I will be doing the 1 year online in the UK then rotations most likely for the following 3 years in the UK if I can afford it. The reviews I've heard are good regarding reliability and entry, with only issues with organising dates. I've found I had to probe alot for further information, I.e. credit value of each subject, start date, exam dates etc.

Hi

I know that you are entry to new vision university for a graduate entry medicine. May I know what is your first degree? Since right now I am studying aerospace engineering and planning to take a MD program. Also can you share more information about the NVU medicine?
Sjjen3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Al 1992)
Hi,

Hello,

Thanks for your reply 😊
I too was hoping to start in September as a graduate too but I actually joined the April cohort as due to Covid it was already online. I will however be relocating to complete my finals and start the new semester in Georgia.
I may return to do a semester in the U.K. but right now I’ve written that off as unaffordable for me at the moment, but who knows. 😊
I am fortunate enough to have had extensive time and experience in the NHS both clinical and non-clinical so I am hoping this will suffice when I return to register after I complete the MD. Not so much experience when I’m applying for jobs but for my familiarity with the system over here I guess.

I’ve currently found it slightly chaotic and like you feel I have to probe for some basic information but on the whole I’m finding the quality of teaching very good.

All the best with your studies in the autumn. Very exciting. I have a feeling it would be a little easier joining a September cohort than the April one. April feels like you’re playing catch up to those that already started in September.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (608)
49.11%
No (630)
50.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise