Georgia Medicine: New Vision University (SME)

Watch
Paranoiaa
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MasonP)
UK applicants for NVU have to apply via the agency and the process is fairly straightforward although information is not always forthcoming. I plan to be mainly in the UK and go to Georgia when required.
That’s what I was thinking too, I haven’t applied yet though cus still waiting on UK universities but not sure how many times they will require us to go to Georgia..

Do you reckon online teaching will not be in place for next year?
MasonP
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GotAQQuestion)
That’s what I was thinking too, I haven’t applied yet though cus still waiting on UK universities but not sure how many times they will require us to go to Georgia..

I'm not certain if the online option will still be possible next year.
Paranoiaa
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm not certain if the online option will still be possible next year.
Do you know when application deadline and term start dates are?
MasonP
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you know when application deadline and term start dates are?
I'm not certain about the application deadline but the team start dates are March and October
Paranoiaa
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm not certain about the application deadline but the team start dates are March and October
Thanks! Are you on the course right now or yet to apply?
Curiousitykills
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So can you do the first year online then the remaining 3 years in the UK if you pay £14k each year?
"partially online" be very very careful with them
Paranoiaa
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Curiousitykills)
"partially online" be very very careful with them
Yeah ngl it all sounds good but probably turns out to be the completely opposite, I’m gonna avoid it 😂
mk.adesx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey guys, I’ve just gone through all of the posts and I was also thinking about applying to NVU as a graduate.

I too would like to kno if there have been any med students that have graduated from NVU and are now doctors in the UK or USA or AUS. If the uni opened in 2013 then surely those that did the grad entry back then Should’ve graduated 3 years ago.

I would also like to understand how much it’ll be. Of course on the website it says year 1 is £5110 but what is the extra fee some of you guys are talking about?

Also, wouldn’t it be more cost effective (if you lived in the UK/USA/ AUS) to do the first year online & then go to Georgia for the clinical years?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mk.adesx)
Hey guys, I’ve just gone through all of the posts and I was also thinking about applying to NVU as a graduate.

I too would like to kno if there have been any med students that have graduated from NVU and are now doctors in the UK or USA or AUS. If the uni opened in 2013 then surely those that did the grad entry back then Should’ve graduated 3 years ago.

I would also like to understand how much it’ll be. Of course on the website it says year 1 is £5110 but what is the extra fee some of you guys are talking about?

Also, wouldn’t it be more cost effective (if you lived in the UK/USA/ AUS) to do the first year online & then go to Georgia for the clinical years?
Honestly I am looking for a graduate myself. SME fees are 4,000 GBP (all paid before starting the course).
That is not possible , the year is "partially online". They plan to make you travel in and out of Georgia for midterms and finals (they do not care that you live on the other side of the globe in times of pandemic). You have no choice. Doing the year online seems ideal does it not?
Sjjen3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Where possible the finals have been conducted online and there has been no question of travelling back to campus for midterms at any point.

They obviously can’t offer practical finals and OSCE’s online and that’s understandable. I completed a practical elective last semester and they did not expect me to travel to sit the final exam due to the pandemic. It will be arranged when I am in the country and able to travel. I have another final next week and then I will have completed a full year online. Hope the info helps 🙂
RAMAHONY1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sjjen3)
Where possible the finals have been conducted online and there has been no question of travelling back to campus for midterms at any point.

They obviously can’t offer practical finals and OSCE’s online and that’s understandable. I completed a practical elective last semester and they did not expect me to travel to sit the final exam due to the pandemic. It will be arranged when I am in the country and able to travel. I have another final next week and then I will have completed a full year online. Hope the info helps 🙂
Do you know how your second year will be ? Location and set up etc
RAMAHONY1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Any details are useful as it’s so quiet 🤫 about anyone giving info
Sjjen3
Rep:
?
(Original post by RAMAHONY1)
Do you know how your second year will be ? Location and set up etc
I’m not 100% just yet. My second year is technically the 4th year of the programme because I’m on a grad entry route. I’m guessing my modules will be becoming more clinical very soon.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago

Okay what about in my situation . They said with my previous course . I'm accepted into 4 the semester of MD programme , I got my modules for this semester (march 2021) and they are non clinical. SME is telling me that mandatory presence is required (they cannot give me any dates) and they are saying that I can always defer if I don't want to travel. If I knew this was the case I would sit my Gamsat ,and go the traditional route honestly. But I paid and I feel I am stuck.
mk.adesx
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Honestly I am looking for a graduate myself. SME fees are 4,000 GBP (all paid before starting the course).
That is not possible , the year is "partially online". They plan to make you travel in and out of Georgia for midterms and finals (they do not care that you live on the other side of the globe in times of pandemic). You have no choice. Doing the year online seems ideal does it not?
Right, soo for the first year it would cost £9k give or take

& okay that makes sense to me, travelling there for exam periods

& thank you for answering ☺️
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
Okay what about in my situation . They said with my previous course . I'm accepted into 4 the semester of MD programme , I got my modules for this semester (march 2021) and they are non clinical. SME is telling me that mandatory presence is required (they cannot give me any dates) and they are saying that I can always defer if I don't want to travel. If I knew this was the case I would sit my Gamsat ,and go the traditional route honestly. But I paid and I feel I am stuck.
I’d you don’t mind me asking, how much did you pay? & are you doing the grad entry route. Also maybe in February they will give you the dates of things because I don’t think they can expect you to just drop everything here and have to fly out now just because you’ve been accepted onto the course. Or maybe you just need to collect ID and stuff like that
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
I’d you don’t mind me asking, how much did you pay? & are you doing the grad entry route. Also maybe in February they will give you the dates of things because I don’t think they can expect you to just drop everything here and have to fly out now just because you’ve been accepted onto the course. Or maybe you just need to collect ID and stuff like that
I will be doing the grad route. So 4,000 GBP for SME and 3,500 USD for first semester . Well they have no sense of urgency tbh. Me and several other people think it is risky to travel this year, we want to do as it is advertised study online the first year no "buts" or "ifs". Then after the year 2021 I assume the pandemic will settle, I will go do my studies in Georgia collect Id card ect. Or do rotations in UK and go to Georgia for exams. With no pandemic it's fair enough to ask us to at least go to a university once a year. But I have no exam dates ,no information on travelling restrictions in that week 7 and 8 .
We have February now and I have no information.
Sjjen3
Rep:
?
I’m not sure what’s going on for you personally but I started on 5th semester and I’m about to go in to 7th next month. SME could possibly be saying that to cover themselves should the uni demand a presence or maybe the uni are trying to scale back online. There are many students refusing to travel and I think they’re trying to work a way around it maybe.
alnasim2002
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
HI ya I am interested in graduate medicine entry, could you please guide me how to go about. I would like to do studies in UK only for both pre clinical and clinical rotations.
Sarahp2000
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Paranoiaa)

Hi! From what I've heard the next semester will be a kind of hybrid of both online and on campus learning... hard to say since it depends on all of the covid restrictions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (402)
52.21%
No (368)
47.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed