The Student Room Group

Fed up with English literature a level

I am starting to get really fed up with English lit I feel like no matter how hard I work I can’t do any of the essays I do justice. I feel like I don’t know what I am doing. Coursework is taking ages to complete, nothing I ever write is any good. It doesn’t help that I am doing it all in 1 year. I really just want to finish it and go to university. I am finding it rather dull especially the book called a long long way and the ww1 parts of the course.

I don’t know how to pick myself up, I feel like I lost all my confidence in my writing skills. I am finding the gap between a level and GCSE rather large. I really enjoyed English at GCSE but can’t say the same about a level. It doesn’t help that my teacher is absolutely useless and doesn’t give us any resources or exemplar essays. No matter how many complaints I would make nothing would change.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest