YouTube workouts Watch

ashh30
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hiii. I need to lose weight ASAP due to health reasons and I need to help finding someone on YouTube that has good workouts to lose weight and any meal plans would help too. Any suggestions?
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
To lose weight you need to:
- Calculate your TDEE (Google TDEE calculator).
- Remove up to 500 kcal from that number.
- Get at least 1.6 g of protein per kg of bodyweight, or 2g if you can.
- 20-35% of your calories from fat (WHO recommendation).
- Fill up what is left with carbs.
- Track your nutrition to make sure you're hitting those numbers.
- Make sure you're doing some form of resistance training, at least 3 times per week recommended. If you have access to a gym follow a proper program.
ashh30
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dax_Swagg3r)
To lose weight you need to:
- Calculate your TDEE (Google TDEE calculator).
- Remove up to 500 kcal from that number.
- Get at least 1.6 g of protein per kg of bodyweight, or 2g if you can.
- 20-35% of your calories from fat (WHO recommendation).
- Fill up what is left with carbs.
- Track your nutrition to make sure you're hitting those numbers.
- Make sure you're doing some form of resistance training, at least 3 times per week recommended. If you have access to a gym follow a proper program.
thank you sm. i didn’t realise I had sm to do. will deffo take this advice 😃
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ashh30)
thank you sm. i didn’t realise I had sm to do. will deffo take this advice 😃
No worries, if you have any questions feel free to ask.
npruthi922
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think you should join a gym because online sessions are not that helpful as you don't get the right advice!
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by npruthi922)
I think you should join a gym because online sessions are not that helpful as you don't get the right advice!
Completely untrue, some Youtube channels give good advice like Jeff Nippard, Picturefit, Jeremy Either, Athleanx etc etc.
ashh30
Rep:
?
(Original post by npruthi922)
Yes I was considering it but right now isn’t the best time as I am very busy with studies and I know for a fact that my money would go down the drain as I won’t be consistent with the gym. That’s why I am asking for YouTube videos as it’s more convenient for me. X
ashh30
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dax_Swagg3r)
Completely untrue, some Youtube channels give good advice like Jeff Nippard, Picturefit, Jeremy Either, Athleanx etc etc.
Thank you for the recommendations x
Ghostlady
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I do zumba and clubbercise locally, but also do it on you tube and also HIT training as well. Do as many different ones as you can to keep it from being boring
ashh30
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ghostlady)
I do zumba and clubbercise locally, but also do it on you tube and also HIT training as well. Do as many different ones as you can to keep it from being boring
thank you sm
EmmaFoster0
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Try TABATA for fast results. If ur health lets u do hard cardio.
Xiphos
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hiii. I need to lose weight ASAP due to health reasons and I need to help finding someone on YouTube that has good workouts to lose weight and any meal plans would help too. Any suggestions?
Are you obese? Not asking to be horrible, just need to know to give accurate advice.
ashh30
Rep:
?
Just overweight
Xiphos
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just overweight
*This will be a long one but covers everything I know*
Ok. Now I have to remind you to not take anyone's advice (including mine) without fact-checking it as I doubt many of us are adequately qualified nutritionists or personal trainers. With that said, If I was in your position I would find out my maintenance calories (an approximation is given on websites and apps like my fitness pal) once I had done that I would put myself into a caloric deficit of 300-500 calories as I wouldn't want a dramatic change due to the fact that it will not be sustainable. The macronutrients in these calories are important and you want to be eating healthily; you can look into this and you know if you're eating something unhealthy. Also, something that is often overlooked is the importance of quality sleep and hydration, without these two your progress will be slow, I recommend looking up Professor Matthew Walker on YT to find out how to sleep effectively. You need to go to a gym as well, don't do the classes that are advertised to middle-aged women where they 'shadow-box' or something like that; I see them going on all the time and sure you might break a sweat but progress is unlikely. Typically, I see women only doing cardio or leg workouts in the gym which is limiting the effectiveness of their training. I think some women are afraid that upper body exercises will cause them to become 'bulky' which is not the case. Women do not produce enough testosterone (naturally) to get anywhere near as large or strong as men so you don't need to worry about this. Therefore, I would advise you to include upper body exercise in your workout split. By 'split' I mean how you split your week (or however many days you are free to go to the gym) in terms of what you train on each day. To determine what split is best for you I would advise you carry out a little independent research as this is goal and individual specific. Cardio is going to be a quintessential element of your weight loss but don't let it get in the way of weight training that will burn calories and make you stronger. This is getting too long but if you watch the video in the link at the bottom you will be ready to go (the guy talking is extremely qualified). Good luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fICF_O5esc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (484)
59.46%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.28%
No- I want it (233)
28.62%
No- I don't want it (54)
6.63%

Watched Threads