Antibiotics for Acne not working anymore Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I used to take lymecyline tablets for my acne which cleared my skin almost completely however I stopped using them from a couple months. My acne has gotten really bad recently and I have tried using the lymecyline tablets again but my body has become resistant to the drug and it has no effect. I don't think my GP will allow me to start accutane as my acne isn't on the level of severity required to begin that course.

Does anyone know if there is medication that is stronger than Lymecyline but weaker than accutane?
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
There are other antibiotics for acne. See your GP.
pinkbluex
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I used to take lymecyline tablets for my acne which cleared my skin almost completely however I stopped using them from a couple months. My acne has gotten really bad recently and I have tried using the lymecyline tablets again but my body has become resistant to the drug and it has no effect. I don't think my GP will allow me to start accutane as my acne isn't on the level of severity required to begin that course.

Does anyone know if there is medication that is stronger than Lymecyline but weaker than accutane?
ahhh this is my fear, I'm on lymecycline tablets right now too. is your acne mild/moderate/severe?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by pinkbluex)
ahhh this is my fear, I'm on lymecycline tablets right now too. is your acne mild/moderate/severe?
It's moderate, but I've actually just started taking Vitamin B5 tablets, I've heard some amazing things about it, apparently it's like the natural accutane. But honestly, just do your course, and don't stop even when your skin clears up. Good luck with it! =)
pinkbluex
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's moderate, but I've actually just started taking Vitamin B5 tablets, I've heard some amazing things about it, apparently it's like the natural accutane. But honestly, just do your course, and don't stop even when your skin clears up. Good luck with it! =
Let me know how it goes!!! Did you use the lymecycline tablets?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (339)
60.43%
Yes- I don't like it (29)
5.17%
No- I want it (153)
27.27%
No- I don't want it (40)
7.13%

Watched Threads