The Student Room Group

I feel excluded

A little context: there is 4 of us in my friendship group (call us A, B, C & D) and we've been friends throughout the whole of high school. This year we started year 12, 3 of us (A,B & C) stayed at the same sixth form whilst one left for another sixth form (D). Pretend I'm A.
I feel like D doesn't want to talk to me as much anymore. I still hang out with B and C at lunch etc.. but they talk about things that D has been telling them about - like what's going on in D's life. D barely talks to me anymore and if she does, I'm always the one to initiate the conversation. As well as this B, C & D have been meeting up and doing things that B&C know I wanted to do, without me.
I feel really excluded and if they did have a problem with me I wish they would just talk to me about it instead of this. It's making me feel so paranoid and upset because we always used to do things as a group and now I feel like I have nobody. I don't know what to do.
What I would suggest doing is to have a conversation with B and C during your lunch break or whenever at school about the situation. Just directly address it and tell them how things have been between you and D but also mention how you're generally feeling about all of this and ask B and C if you may have done anything that has annoyed or upset them, I know it can be difficult to directly address things especially when it may feel like it's 2 or 3 vs 1, but it's better than leaving it as one big guessing game and then having them find out about how you feel from someone else etc, whatever the situation is I hope it works out for you, sometimes people change as we get older and sometimes that means changing crowds but what we all struggle to realise is that sometimes it can be for the complete better. I'm so bad when it comes to dealing with change, when year 12 started, I hated it so so much all because I just kept missing secondary school years, but now that I've gotten used to things and have made friends (all my old friends left my current school) I'm happy. The situation you have with B and C may just be a big misunderstanding or they may be bad company for you, which in that case, just remember it's always fine to cut out fake friends etc, One of my friends from my year 11 friend group has stopped talking to all of us and just cut us off even though she's at the same college as some of the same group, she hasn't given a reason which is stupid but none of us are fussed because if that's the type of person she is then we can see that we're better off without toxic company like that.
Original post by Anonymous
What I would suggest doing is to have a conversation with B and C during your lunch break or whenever at school about the situation. Just directly address it and tell them how things have been between you and D but also mention how you're generally feeling about all of this and ask B and C if you may have done anything that has annoyed or upset them, I know it can be difficult to directly address things especially when it may feel like it's 2 or 3 vs 1, but it's better than leaving it as one big guessing game and then having them find out about how you feel from someone else etc, whatever the situation is I hope it works out for you, sometimes people change as we get older and sometimes that means changing crowds but what we all struggle to realise is that sometimes it can be for the complete better. I'm so bad when it comes to dealing with change, when year 12 started, I hated it so so much all because I just kept missing secondary school years, but now that I've gotten used to things and have made friends (all my old friends left my current school) I'm happy. The situation you have with B and C may just be a big misunderstanding or they may be bad company for you, which in that case, just remember it's always fine to cut out fake friends etc, One of my friends from my year 11 friend group has stopped talking to all of us and just cut us off even though she's at the same college as some of the same group, she hasn't given a reason which is stupid but none of us are fussed because if that's the type of person she is then we can see that we're better off without toxic company like that.

Also I can only judge the situation from what you've said so please don't be mad if you take my advice and have it end up going wrong

Quick Reply