Defer after firm/insurance choice selected Watch

aprilstory100
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Just wondering, has anyone successfully deferred their place after they chose their firm/insurance choice (or even on the results date)? How high is the chance that universities will accept it? It is because I can't confirm if I can defer until sometime around May to August this year... Thank you so much.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aprilstory100)
Just wondering, has anyone successfully deferred their place after they chose their firm/insurance choice (or even on the results date)? How high is the chance that universities will accept it? It is because I can't confirm if I can defer until sometime around May to August this year... Thank you so much.
Many people do this every year. However, it is up to the university whether they grant your request.
aprilstory100
Rep:
?
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Many people do this every year. However, it is up to the university whether they grant your request.
Do I send an email to both my firm/insurance unis and ask them?
If they don't grant my request, can I drop my offer and apply to the uni next year again? Thank you
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aprilstory100)
Do I send an email to both my firm/insurance unis and ask them?
If they don't grant my request, can I drop my offer and apply to the uni next year again? Thank you
Depending on when you do it, a phone call might be the way to start. Yes, you can reject the offer and reapply without any issues.
username1208026
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Definitely best to phone and actually speak to the Admissions Dept for both your Courses, to discuss your options.

Don't guess and then potentially lock yourself out of something for next year.

A
aprilstory100
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr Aitch)
Definitely best to phone and actually speak to the Admissions Dept for both your Courses, to discuss your options.

Don't guess and then potentially lock yourself out of something for next year.

A
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (374)
67.51%
No (180)
32.49%

Watched Threads