The Student Room Group

Engineering Job?

Would like views on title please.
Reply 1
There are so many different types of engineering. What exactly is it that you want to know?
Original post by b1nary
Would like views on title please.

Same question as above.
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
There are so many different types of engineering. What exactly is it that you want to know?

All views are appreciated.
Thanks
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by b1nary
That’s very true! All views are appreciated!
Thanks

Views on what? You haven't asked a proper question yet.
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
Views on what? You haven't asked a proper question yet.

Views on all the types of engineering jobs.
Reply 6
Original post by b1nary

You need to narrow it down. What country do you live in and what type of jobs are you interested in? It's no good someone replying about civil engineering if you want to do aeronautical.
Reply 7
Original post by Surnia
You need to narrow it down. What country do you live in and what type of jobs are you interested in? It's no good someone replying about civil engineering if you want to do aeronautical.

I want all views of the *all* the different types of jobs in engineering, I am not interested in any particular one that is why I am saying 3 times *all* that’s what I simply have said. If you cannot answer a simple question without the straight forward rudeness your giving, then don’t bother.
Reply 8
Original post by b1nary
I want all views of the *all* the different types of jobs in engineering, I am not interested in any particular one that is why I am saying 3 times *all* that’s what I simply have said. If you cannot answer a simple question without the straight forward rudeness your giving, then don’t bother.

I'm not being rude, and I'm not the only person to have asked you for clarification. No-one else is responding to you asking for "views on all engineering jobs" because it's not a simple question! There are thousands of jobs in engineering, with the major disciplines of Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Management and Geotechnical, and subcategories of aerospace, agriculture, applied, automotive, biomechanical, biomedical, biogical, building services, electronics, energy, enviromental, information, industrial, material.sciences, mechatronics, nano, nuclear, petroleum, project, railways, robotics, software, supply chain, systems, textile, to name but a few.

It would even help if you suggested whether you you want to be hands-on or management? Civilian or military? Do higher qualifications or apprenticeship?
Reply 9
Original post by Surnia
I'm not being rude, and I'm not the only person to have asked you for clarification. No-one else is responding to you asking for "views on all engineering jobs" because it's not a simple question! There are thousands of jobs in engineering, with the major disciplines of Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Management and Geotechnical, and subcategories of aerospace, agriculture, applied, automotive, biomechanical, biomedical, biogical, building services, electronics, energy, enviromental, information, industrial, material.sciences, mechatronics, nano, nuclear, petroleum, project, railways, robotics, software, supply chain, systems, textile, to name but a few.

It would even help if you suggested whether you you want to be hands-on or management? Civilian or military? Do higher qualifications or apprenticeship?

Jesus, i’m only at GCSE level looking for some clarification of what any engineering job is like.
Original post by b1nary
Jesus, i’m only at GCSE level looking for some clarification of what any engineering job is like.

Which subjects do you enjoy the most?
Reply 11
Original post by RogerOxon
Which subjects do you enjoy the most?

DT, Computer science, Maths and also there is the subject Engineering, which I also do particularly enjoy.
Original post by b1nary
DT, Computer science, Maths and also there is the subject Engineering, which I also do particularly enjoy.

wht engineering r u interested in ?
Reply 13
Original post by chennai kings
wht engineering r u interested in ?

Don’t really know...
Reply 14
Original post by b1nary

Then hopefully those categories I've listed will help you realise why I was trying to get a better idea of what type of engineering you are interested in. Think about your subjects and your hobbies (Computers? Fixing cars? Sketching buildings? The environment?) and how you think you would like to work, eg the practical side or team leadership or design. You've got time to do your research, maybe get some work experience or do some online courses, to decide what you want to study and how, eg uni or apprenticeship.
Reply 15
Original post by Surnia
Then hopefully those categories I've listed will help you realise why I was trying to get a better idea of what type of engineering you are interested in. Think about your subjects and your hobbies (Computers? Fixing cars? Sketching buildings? The environment?) and how you think you would like to work, eg the practical side or team leadership or design. You've got time to do your research, maybe get some work experience or do some online courses, to decide what you want to study and how, eg uni or apprenticeship.

Thank you, I am considering this.
Original post by b1nary

which Industry
technician or professional
research or consumer
Reply 17
Original post by mnot
which Industry
technician or professional
research or consumer

professional
consumer

Quick Reply

Latest